[1.1.0 VIDEO ONLINE] Perma Charged CONDUIT - Insane Support Templar (Oro, Romira, Daresso)

Hello PoE community, Templar and Fire fans.

UPDATE 31.01.2014: I'm still gambling with some gems and nodes, but i changed a lot in the last days/weeks.
First, i totally switched to the party version of this build. So i dropped some dps to gain a perma use of charges and the insane support of Conduit. My guildmates are loving it.
Secondly, i finally fixed the heavy squishyness (the big disadvantage) of this build. In order to get 3 auras working (Anger, Grace and Purity of Fire), i had to drop some critnodes (what does not really matter, because we are all the time at 6 power charged due to Romira's) and changed a support gem (Fire Penetration to Blood Magic), but i now have capped fire res (with lvl 20 purity its 79%) and a much more evasion!
Thirdly: The new Unique "Snakebite" seems to be a really welcome alternative to default rare gloves. I will test that soon and update thread with new information, if available.
I really recomment this build to support your party, because the initial DPS output is really low compared to other classes/build. But a perma charged conduit is nice to play and well seen in partys!

Original Thread starts here
In this thread i want to introduce you my Oro's Sacrifice based high burning Templar build.
The idea behind this bild is the potential of burning damage and the high dps of Oro's Sarifice. When Patch 1.0.4 was released i instantly fall in love with that sword. So i asked my guildmates to talk about the mechnics, advantages, disadvantages and the use of a build.
So before we get stated, heres the sword i'm talking about:

Hint: i recommed to NOT use this build if u are new to Path of Exile. It's not easy to play and on top it's like glass cannon, so we have low survivability compared to other build (Blender Duelist for example). The survivability of this build is based on our skills to dodge attacks and prevent damage.

Update: fixed the low survivability by adding two defense auras and ruby flasks!

GAMEPLAY VIDEO ONLINE!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBByuUjY19A&feature=youtu.be

I highly recomment to use this build for playing in party! You can easily make lvl 70 maps on your own, but it's boring :D Due to Conduit and the ability to gain all the charges really quick (PC => romiras, EC => degresso, FC => oros) you are very usefull in party.

This build is NO max DPS build, but the support with conduit and the high DoT is its big advantage (and the aim).

==========================================================================

Advantages and Disadvantages

+ insane high burning damage
+ no problems with physical reflect (we don't do any phys dmg)
+ individual playstyle
+ VERY useful in partys (Conduit)
- maps with ele reflect/ele weakness are hard
- hard in midgame
- gear dependant (build does not work without Oro's)
[fixed] low survivability compared to other builds (low life reg, low armor, no block, low evasion)
* mana intensive, if no 6L is available

Burning/Ignite Mechanics

At this point i will quote the PoE Wiki to understand how burning and ignite works:
"
The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second. Therefore, over the base duration the target will take 80% of the damage dealt by the original hit.[1]
Separate applications of ignite do not stack cumulatively. Each ignite effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment.
For example, assume an enemy is inflicted with ignite for 100 damage per second, then after 2 seconds it is inflicted with ignite for 50 damage per second. The outcome will be 400 damage over 4 seconds followed by 100 damage over 2 seconds.

The Skills

We will use 2 mainskills in this build: Heavy Strike and Spectral Throw.
A 6-linked Oro's is "must have" for Spectral Throw (we will have mana issues with 5l or lower) and a 6-linked chest "nice to have" for Heavy Strike. If we are using Koam's Heart, we only have a 4-linked Heavy Strike, but we will talk about the gear later.

Singleplayer Version:
4l Oro's: Spectral Throw - LMP - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage
5l Oro's: Spectral Throw - LMP - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage - Fire Penetration
6l Oro's: Spectral Throw - LMP - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage - Fire Penetration - Blood Magic

Multiplayer Version:
4l Oro's: Spectral Throw - LMP - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage
5l Oro's: Spectral Throw - LMP - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage - Blood Magic
6l Oro's: Spectral Throw - LMP - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage - Blood Magic - Faste Projectiles

Hint: If we don't have any mana issues, we can change Blood Magic with Increased Burning Damage or quality Chance to Ignite.

4l chest: Heavy Strike - Weapon Elemetal Damage - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Burning Damage
5l chest: Heavy Strike - Weapon Elemetal Damage - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Burning Damage - Chance to Ignite
6l chest: Heavy Strike - Weapon Elemetal Damage - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Burning Damage - Chance to Ignite - Fire Penetration

Hint: DO NOT USE followed skills with Heavy Strike: Multistrike, Melee Splash. This skills will reduce the amount of initial fire dmg we do with Heavy Strike, but we don't get any dmg back when the skill gets leveled. Also, don't level the Heavy Strike gem! The reason behind this is, that it gets more mana expensive, but the increased phys dmg will not effect our fire dmg.

4l boots: Cast when Damage taken - Flammability/Enfeeble - Molten Shell - Enduring Cry

4l gloves: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Enduring Charge on Melee Stun - Chance to Ignite

4l helmet: Reduced Mana - Anger - Determination - Grace

Hint: Use Anger first. It will boost our flat fire dmg A LOT! We will run Determination as second aura untill wie get 6l Spectral Throw with Blood Magic. A 6l Heavy Strike will cost under 20m on level 1 and we won't use it much (because the mobs will burn REALLY fast).
Depending on which auras are running in party, we can swap to Grace (or whatever is needed)

The idea behind the skills and skillmechanics

In this small but important chapter i will explain why i chose the skills above and how to use them.

Due to our very low survivability Spectral Throw is the most useful skill for dealing damage, but its inital damage is extreme low (only 60% base damage). The damage is even more less when we link the gem to LMP. So we use ST to deal dmg on distance and to prevent dmg in close combat.
Because we don't do any physical damage, the only way to get back life is through a life leech gem. ST is a mid range skill, so we can easily leech back life from distance.

I'm still experimenting with Heavy Strike, but i think i made the right choice to get advantage of the insanely high base dmg of the sword.
Heavy Strike has a 150% base dmg multiplier and i wanted to have the possibility to hit only one enemy and inflict the whole pack with ignite (and it does its job well!). So HS gives a high initial base dmg that we can increase by adding WED and the WED- and ele nodes in our passive tree. Combined with Incresed Burning Damage, Chance to Ignite and Fire Penetration the outcoming burning dmg on the mob(s) is VERY high. Elemental Proliferation will do the rest :D

Hint: I will add a video to the gameplay mechanics very soon, that will show you the massive amount of outcoming burning damage (don't have the right links on my chest at the moment).
When this build was made, our aim was to get as much burning damage as possible. But already is this early stage of progress (i don't have the perfect gear (specially the rings), i don't maxed the passive tree yet, i don't have quality gems and so on....) the burning damage REALLY surprised me. Killing blue packs of 20 enemies in under a sec with only one hit is no problem (level 71 map, i was alone).

Passvie Skill Tree

Now it gets interestig. This build uses a lot of fire- and critnotes, combined with HP- and elemental damage nodes. I will give you a tree for every 20 points (107 points mean level 90 without bandit points). In fact, that we only can wear Oro's with level 67 or above, we will lose damage in the early 40th till 67. There are 7 extra points per act (including the bandits)

20 points (first dmg nodes plus some hp)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0aOClPMolG11fiXcZ35YKbi4yiALUE4XPkIuw47SDwHw==

40 Points (go for the hp nodes)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsUTRVQFm8ZhRo4GmwfAiSqKU8yiTbFNulG11XGV-JdxnflgpuLjI9GkFWdrqIApwinhLUEz2XQ0Ngk2t3hc-Nq5CLsOO0g8B8=

60 points (arrival @ shadow)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsOSBGWFE0VUBZvGYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJpUnqSlPLR8yiTbFNulG10lRTLNQQlVLVcZX4lptXcZtGW17d-V_xoKbi4yMNo9GkFWdrqIAoi6io6cIp1ynhLUEtUjB889l0NDYJNrd4XPjauQi7DjtIPAf

80 points (dmg time!)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsOSBGWEmkUTRVQFm8W-RccGYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJpUnqSlPKo0tHzKJNsU22DbpRtdJUUyzUEJVS1XGV-JabV3GZk9tGW17cXl2gnflf8aBSYKbiBuIOIuMjDaPRpBVl4Wdip2uogCiLqKjpwinXKeEsji00bUEtUjAGsHzyAzPZdDQ2CTa3eFz42rkIuwY7DjsVe0g74XwHw==

107 points (level 90, without bandits)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsOSA_EEZYSaRRNFVAWbxb5FxwZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKomlSepKU8qjS0fLdIyiTY9NsU22DbpOtg7fEbXSVFMs03YVUtVxlfiWm1apl3GXfJh4mKsZk9tGW17cFJw1XF5doJ35X_GgUmCm4dliBuIOIhri4yMNox2j0aQVZeFnC2dY52KnaOdqp2uogCio6SxpcunCKdcp4SyOLTRtQS1SLjKwBrAUcHzyAzPZdDQ1p3YJNrd3Mfhc-Nq44TkIuWO53TsGOw47FXtIO-F8B_8qw==

120 points (full version, with bandits)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsOSA_EEZYSaRRNFVAWbxa_FvkXHBfYGYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJpUnqSlPKo0tHy3SMok2PTZ7NsU22DbpOtg7fEbXSRtJO0lRTLNN2FVLVcZX4lptWqZdxl3yYeJirGZPbRlte3BScNVxeXaCd-V65n_GgUmCm4dliBuIOIhri4yMNox2j0aP-pBVl4WcLZ1jnYqdo52qna6iAKKjpLGly6cIp1ynhK-3sji0o7TRtQS1SLjKwBrAUcHzyAzPZdA50NDUfNad2CTa3dzH4XPjauOE5CLljudq53TsGOw47FXtIO-F8B_z6vyr

Special Conduit version for playing in party as Support (level 89, visit "Gear and Coreitems" for more info)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsOSBGWEmkUTRVQFm8W-RccGYUaOBpsHNwfAiQ8JKomlSepKU8qjS0fLdIyiTY9NsU22DbpOthG10lRTLNN2FAwUEJVS1XGV-JabVv0XcZh4mKsY0NmT20ZbXtxeXaCd-V_xoFJgpuFfYdliBuIOIhri4yMNox2j0aQVZMnl4WcLZ2KnaOdqp2uogCiLqKjpLGly6cIp1ynhLI4tAy00bUEtUjAGsHzyAzPZdDQ1p3YJNrd4XPjauOE5CLljud07BjsOOxV7SDvhfAf_Ks=

Gear and Coreitems

Let's talk about some gear. The coreitem (surprise) is Oro's Sacrifice. At the Moment you can get an Oro's for ~1-2 Exa only, so it's really cheap. I think it will be getting more cheap in future, because nobody knows how to play with it (maybe that's changing now :D ).

There are three other unique items for this build: Romira's Banquet, The Taming and a non-legacy Koam's Heart. Why those two?

The first and best of these three is The Taming:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Taming
This ring is absolutly crazy and an unbeatable choice when i comes to rings.
Up to 25% allres, 30% ele dmg, another 5% chance to ignite AND (if that isn't enough already) 10% increased dmg per shock/ignote/freeze stack on enemy.
If you prefer to map alone, try to get this ring first. If u want to play in group instead and support your team, get the next ring first.

Secondly is the new Diamont Unique Ring introduces with patch 1.0.5.
You can check the ring here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Romira%27s_Banquet
I think i don't have to explain, why this ring is so strong for this build (and others indeed!). Free Power Charges on every non-crit...lol? This item is totally necessary for the Special Conduit Supporting build (the build i'm aiming on).

Koam's Heart has 500 hp base and up to 40% fire dmg... so, thats awesome, too. But u will lose the 6l Heavy Strike (or Spectral Throw, if u prefer that).
The Taming is a large boost to our DPS and has an addition chance to ignite enemies.

Prefered stats on items:

Ring: HP, WED, fire flat dmg, crit, acc, ias, (maybe resi)
Amulet: HP, WED, fire flat dmg, crit, acc, crit multi, (maybe resi)
Gloves: HP, ias, Resi
Boots, HP, MS, Resi
Belt: HP, WED, Resi
Chest: HP, Resi
Helmet: HP, Resi, Acc

Str, Dex and Int are all nice to have, but we will have a lot of mainstats through the passive points. In the early game we may have some dex problems, because spectral throw needs a lot of dex. There are two +30 Dex notes on the way to the Shadow. If we have enough Dex we can skip them.

Because we are very vurnerable to physical dmg, i recomment to use armor based items only.

My current Gear and some Stats

Here are some stats i have now (lvl 82):
4800 HP
580 Mana
2800 tooltip ST dps (with anger)
8100 tooltip HS dps (with anger, burning dps is MUCH!! higher)
capped resi
~ 2850 (24%) armor
~ 1350 (16%) evasion
68 hp/sec

Gear:
Spoiler

So my tree and my gear are still not perfect, but it makes a lot of fun and with double 6l it will be even more :D

Special Thanks go to Oncl3Bums and Shmoo37 to help me get this build working.

If u have questions, suggestions or other things to say, comment below.
Last edited by Hyron on Mar 13, 2014, 2:31:42 PM
Nice Dude finally a good burning build! free bump ;)
I've added "The idea behind the skills and skillmechanics" to get a deeper look in this build.
Hey, your build looks quite interesting and as a fellow Oro's user id be interested to see how our builds compare. Im also using ST (details on my thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723433/page/1) however ive gone for a tankier version which takes resolute techniques. My ST damage is insane, i kill everything nigh instantly however im not using burn but rather focusing on attack speed. I'd love for you to make any suggestions you see to better my build to!

1) How are you faring for survivability? you have a pretty decent life buffer from your gear and passives but quite low armour/evasion/no unwavering stance etc. so do you die a lot? because theres always damage that cant be manually dodged such as "releases spines on death" or flicker striking mobs with discharge etc.

2) The base crit chance on Oro's is quite low at 5%. compared to most other weapons its amongst the lowest so if your relying on burns from crits do you feel you crit enough for it to be reliable in applying burn damage? or are you relying on innate burn damage from chance to ignite?

3) With your defences would heavy striking enemies actually be safely doable? Getting into melee range can be quite risky even for me whose got pretty decent defences so im unsure as to how your faring.

Aside from those 3 points your build seems very cool and im eager to see the kind of damage it does! I also will be bringing out a video in the near future so be sure to check that out when it comes out... i think you'll be quite impressed ;)
hey sparky, nice to see you here.

1) I only die, when i don't pay attention to what kind of mobs im facing at the moment. The large HP pool helps me to not getting "one hitted". Due to the low armor/eva in don't try maps higher than lvl 72 yet (simply did not find one -.-). Furthermore i do lvl 73+ maps with my guild members, so that we have a minimum of 2 chars, what helps me to survive much easier.
Untill now i did not have problems with Discharger or Flicker.

2) yeah 5% is indeed not that much, but with that build i'n now at 20%, without any power charges. That's the reason why i definetly recomment using Romira's Banquet and skill the 3 power charge nodes. With full 6 PCs we will have ~ 40% crit (with better gear even more!) and the chance to ignite will increase with "The Taming" and the gem.

Here is an example (formula fom poe wiki; the over all chance to ignite):

"

If we have 40% crit and 70% Chance to ignite:
1 - (( 1 - 0.40 ) * ( 1 - 0.70 )) = 0.82
What means, we have an average chance of 82% to ignite an enemy (which is enough in my eyes)

Here the equation for my Heavy Strike linked with Chance to Ignite level 16:
1 - (( 1 - 0.20 ) * ( 1 - 0.65 )) = 0.72 (72%)

My chance to ignite with spectral throw (Chance to Ignite is calculated for every enemy and not for "one use")
1 - (( 1 - 0.20 ) * ( 1 - 0.25 )) = 0.4

I hope that helps :D

3) As i said above: in still experimenting with Heavy Strike. It's kinda "hit and run", but with a later average chance to ignite of ~80% it will be easy to let them burn with only one hit!
Testing Leap Slam with Chance to Ignite, Curse on Hit and Flammibility now.
Let's bump this.
Gameplay video going online this weekend.
Clarification on how to play this dude.
Yep, just got Romira's Banquet and Deresso's Defiance. With These three items (Oro's, Romira's and Deresso's) this build is going to work perfect now. Tested a map some minutes ago with guildmates and i can say: all charges up, all the time, hell yeay!

SP and MP video is coming, stay tuned.
Now testing some alternate Gem combinations for playing in party.
Will update the thread when results are available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info