(0.10.0e) Maximum Health + 2H Damage + High Res build

"
bombtrap wrote:
Armour Mastery isn't good. your move penalty is around -14%... a simple +15% moove speed on any boot solves the problem.

Yeah but movement speed doesn't stop increasing there - I'm guessing this stacks with any move speed on boots and whatever else. I have about 30% on my witch and it's awesome... invaluable for clearing faster. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like it's worth it, especially for one point. I'll know in a level or two if that's how it works.
IGN- Dietas
Here's a few things that come to mind looking at the build.

I would be worried about your low Int/Dex not being able to support some skills/equipment for one, but you would need to pick up a few passives to fix that. Even if stats aren't really a problem for you, I think you could easily pick up a few passives and reduce the level requirement of your build by slightly optimizing your tree.

You can save a talent point on the way to Blood Drinker by taking the road from the endurance charge rather than continuing from Butchery. I would probably just follow the outside of the tree to get to Blood Magic rather than take that extra Endurance Charge since you gain two talent points in the process, but that's you call. I'm not a fan of the reduced crit damage talents at the marauder start, so I would elect to save a point by taking the strength node above them to get to Diamond Skin and Heart of the Gladiator. I would also drop two 8% nodes in the Body and Soul ring by Templar and just take the extra strength node underneath to link. The +10 life on kills and 1% life leech points seem inefficient to me considering how close you are to some large survivability gains further in the tree.

I'm not really seeing any great things you could do with an extra point or two, but if you could shore up a few more by dropping things like the 6% resist and phys damage nodes you tacked on at the end you might be able to actually make your way to something decent by late levels. Considering that you'll most likely be siding with the bandits on every difficulty, you're looking at a max pool of 118 points to work with. That means this is a level 93 build, which is pretty up there. You could get this down to a level 83 build with the changes I've suggested, and still have 17 points to get something really worthwhile late, late into character progression since you can afford to take some of the 10 stat tax points. As unrealistic as level 100 is right now, people will get there eventually and there really isn't anything spectacular you could get with the 7 points you have spared. On the other hand, if you could come up with 4 extra passive points, you could have some really decent options ahead. With 11 points you could:

- Get 56% extra life plus some strength by completing the other two thirds of the large life ring near the center of the tree. This also puts you in position to pick up Conduit with a few extra points if you're big into group play.

- Get 24% extra life, 1% life regen, 52% extra armor, and a Might node at the Duelist start area.

- Get 58% extra life, a Might node, and pick up 40 dex by continuing into the life nodes from the Diamond Skin node at the bottom of the tree.

You lose out on most of these benefits since you can't progress far enough with 7 points.

Of course these are some really high level aspirations, but I would prioritize these high survival gains above some of the damage nodes you've taken and save those for your last levels instead.

Here's a link to the stripped down version of the tree I've suggested, so that you can weigh the options and see if you think it would work better for you. You could choose to take the third Endurance Charge and still have 14 points left to spend on the tree, which would still lead to some nice additions.

Last edited by Hesp on Jan 31, 2013, 5:57:15 AM
Updated OP to reflect some more optimization and took the build in a new direction.

"
Hesp wrote:
Here's a few things that come to mind looking at the build.

I would be worried about your low Int/Dex not being able to support some skills/equipment for one, but you would need to pick up a few passives to fix that. Even if stats aren't really a problem for you, I think you could easily pick up a few passives and reduce the level requirement of your build by slightly optimizing your tree.

You can save a talent point on the way to Blood Drinker by taking the road from the endurance charge rather than continuing from Butchery. I would probably just follow the outside of the tree to get to Blood Magic rather than take that extra Endurance Charge since you gain two talent points in the process, but that's you call. I'm not a fan of the reduced crit damage talents at the marauder start, so I would elect to save a point by taking the strength node above them to get to Diamond Skin and Heart of the Gladiator. I would also drop two 8% nodes in the Body and Soul ring by Templar and just take the extra strength node underneath to link. The +10 life on kills and 1% life leech points seem inefficient to me considering how close you are to some large survivability gains further in the tree.

I'm not really seeing any great things you could do with an extra point or two, but if you could shore up a few more by dropping things like the 6% resist and phys damage nodes you tacked on at the end you might be able to actually make your way to something decent by late levels. Considering that you'll most likely be siding with the bandits on every difficulty, you're looking at a max pool of 118 points to work with. That means this is a level 93 build, which is pretty up there. You could get this down to a level 83 build with the changes I've suggested, and still have 17 points to get something really worthwhile late, late into character progression since you can afford to take some of the 10 stat tax points. As unrealistic as level 100 is right now, people will get there eventually and there really isn't anything spectacular you could get with the 7 points you have spared. On the other hand, if you could come up with 4 extra passive points, you could have some really decent options ahead. With 11 points you could:

- Get 56% extra life plus some strength by completing the other two thirds of the large life ring near the center of the tree. This also puts you in position to pick up Conduit with another two points if you choose.

- Get 24% extra life, 1% life regen, 52% extra armor, and a Might node at the Duelist start area.

- Get 58% extra life, a Might node, and pick up 40 dex by continuing into the life nodes from the Diamond Skin node at the bottom of the tree.

You lose out on most of these benefits since you can't progress far enough with 7 points.

Of course these are some really high level aspirations, but I would prioritize these high survival gains above some of the damage nodes you've taken and save those for your last levels instead.

Here's a link to the stripped down version of the tree I've suggested, so that you can weigh the options and see if you think it would work better for you. You could choose to take the third Endurance Charge and still have 14 points left to spend on the tree, which would still lead to some nice additions.

First of all, this is amazing feedback - thank you. There is a lot of streamlining that I've overlooked.

I plan to pvp, so do you think the critical strike multiplier reduction might be useful there? Also part of the reason I took Bloodless.

I really liked your idea of going for the other 1/3rd of the big life ring so I went ahead and included that in my new build.
Updated OP with some changes

-Dropped 0.4 life regen nodes by Golem's Blood
-Dropped Armor/Steel Skin at the very bottom/south, also dropped Armor & Armor Mastery at mara start area
-Filled out the 3rd life ring
-Picked up another elemental res node

Now, my question for you guys is.. how important is armor? Would you rather have more life/res/dmg, or more armor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info