(0.10.0e) Maximum Health + 2H Damage + High Res build

So... I'm a really big noob, but I've been building mine extremely similar to yours. The difference is, I took the 6 resist things next to the first diamond skin. I would presumably take those over the 6 points you spent on charges.

Isn't 30% elemental resist better than the 15% you get from charge? I'm probably missing something.
Armour Mastery isn't good. your move penalty is around -14%... a simple +15% moove speed on any boot solves the problem.
Updated build with some optimization and a few changes, per earlier suggestions (namely, dropping the 3 armor nodes, picking up 6% all res node and the 5% res node)

I couldn't find anything really good to drop the last 2 points into so I settled for +6% and +8% dmg.

All feedback and suggestions are welcome.

"
W1ndows wrote:
You say the builds posted are awful yet you haven't spent the time to optimize your build either (there was a useless +10 str node near the top for mace passives, took it out and got to the +18% mace dmg through the other way.) This is how I'd change your build

Now, I'm not saying my build is optimized in any way but I think it's a more efficient build. I got the 5% max resists and iron reflexes. I skipped the 3 armor passives which were only 10% each. Iron reflexes is pretty good for a melee marauder that basically sustains itself with life leech and the more predictable the damage you take is, the better. Losing 30% armor for iron reflexes to seems worth it. This way you can also choose to wear high evasion armors and still gain armor instead of (somewhat useless) evasion.

The 5% max resists to me seems worth it. If you think about it, a 1k damage hit would hit you for 250 damage if you have 75% resists but with 80% resists it's only 200, a 20% reduction in elemental damage taken.

I'm not convinced Iron Reflexes is worth stretching 4 points over into Duelist tree for.. at lv 48 it seems to add about 30% armor for me, and you can get more than that from nodes in the Mara tree. Someone else want to chime in on the usefulness of this node?
You call that a max health/regen build? Try this build.
"
Halinn wrote:

You are missing 1% regen
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
Halinn wrote:

You are missing 1% regen

I wanted to get the one by duelist start, but I couldn't find a good path without losing other survivability things. Perhaps by dropping unwavering stance and blood magic. Better?
"
Halinn wrote:
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
"
Halinn wrote:

You are missing 1% regen

I wanted to get the one by duelist start, but I couldn't find a good path without losing other survivability things. Perhaps by dropping unwavering stance and blood magic. Better?

Haha there ya go, but I'd drop some resistances for blood magic!! that much regen, why not have it. My favorite builds on hardcore of closed beta were the ones where I got every life regen node, and of course every hp node on top of it.
Either dropping two 8% health nodes or perhaps Elemental Adaptation + Blood Drinker also works as an alternative to dropping resistance nodes. Build probably has enough regen that blood magic gems could be used, though.
"
Halinn wrote:

While a nice example of min/maxing, with this build you are going to take somewhere between 5 minutes and eternity to kill anything ;)

My aim is a well-rounded 2h mace build that can survive while putting out reasonable damage.
"
Ground Slam as main AoE
Sweep for flicker strike's monsters' maps
Heavy Strike for bosses

can somone elaborate more on this?
I had stopped leveling up my sweep thinking I will only be using ground slam and heavy strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info