(0.10.0e) Maximum Health + 2H Damage + High Res build

So since 90% of the builds on this forum are some kind of awful, I decided to make my own.

This build aims for a good mix of life, 2h mace damage output, and elemental resistances.

Skills used are mainly ground slam, heavy strike, glacial strike, molten shield, warlord's mark, and enduring shout.

Thoughts/comments welcome, I'm new to the game so I am by no means a master build planner.

*As of latest update, my marauder is in act 2 merciless and having no problems.
Last edited by ChernobylChild on Feb 3, 2013, 7:12:56 AM
Looks reasonable but you haven't picked up any of the 3 endurance charge nodes and they are all in easy reach, 3 more endurance charges = 15% damage reduction (better than spending points on armour passives) and 15% more all resist.

You could get them all with the 6 points you spent getting to Leather & Steel.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Looks reasonable but you haven't picked up any of the 3 endurance charge nodes and they are all in easy reach, 3 more endurance charges = 15% damage reduction (better than spending points on armour passives) and 15% more all resist.

You could get them all with the 6 points you spent getting to Leather & Steel.

Exactly the feedback I was looking for, thanks.

I wasn't too clear on the importance of Endurance Charges, hence why I didn't pick those nodes up.
Updated to reflect suggested changes.
You say the builds posted are awful yet you haven't spent the time to optimize your build either (there was a useless +10 str node near the top for mace passives, took it out and got to the +18% mace dmg through the other way.) This is how I'd change your build

Now, I'm not saying my build is optimized in any way but I think it's a more efficient build. I got the 5% max resists and iron reflexes. I skipped the 3 armor passives which were only 10% each. Iron reflexes is pretty good for a melee marauder that basically sustains itself with life leech and the more predictable the damage you take is, the better. Losing 30% armor for iron reflexes to seems worth it. This way you can also choose to wear high evasion armors and still gain armor instead of (somewhat useless) evasion.

The 5% max resists to me seems worth it. If you think about it, a 1k damage hit would hit you for 250 damage if you have 75% resists but with 80% resists it's only 200, a 20% reduction in elemental damage taken.
Build looks good, how does is it going with later difficulties?
On a side note does anyone know if Amplify node applies for ground slam?
Last edited by supermonix on Jan 26, 2013, 10:20:59 PM
Yeah I'd also like to know if this build is good for end game. I'm looking for a meele marauder build which won't fall off in lategame because the gameplay looks really fun.
IGN: GrrisRanger
I want to play 2h mace but what skills are good to use?
Ground Slam as main AoE
Sweep for flicker strike's monsters' maps
Heavy Strike for bosses
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
First of all never sue all the skill points the talent calculator allows you to use (111). No one will reach that level. It is theoretical possible but not really.

You need to build something you think may be viable with something around 85 points or so. That would mean around level 74 and regardless of still being hard to get is a lot more realistic.

This is the build i am going for:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL3uMIQIq9iFVMfs5Dtw9wQRVtZ7NpzD3vhRxQar46_cycql82Q48OlLfv4ZgVgRhUjIJYIgote9OXQAY21uv3Q0FLWBLeu907TqzkAr8xWegh3ZKfTWGnaq5zUOcdPEhYECgDq0ppZ65ouoS4WEhh2qQbKmUhNlHfmVNFFKrxXbnrKpZ88AakFWnhBo45K3ewRnp

I am currently level 50. It's quite harsh in Merciless where i am atm but it's a gear problem (mine sucks badly since i kinda just rushed trough.

I saw you picked up quite a few points in mace damage with +4% and some 0.4% hp regen. I find those to be a bit of a waste. There are other great nodes to pick up.

For instance the 30% fire damage (Lava Lash node, i use Anger Aura)
Also all evasion in to armor is great combined with Grace.
Armor master is great for extra mobility.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Jan 27, 2013, 6:52:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info