June 21 Screenshot of the Week - Enduring Cry

"
ZooL wrote:
I'm alone to feel that the ground is too shiny ?

I wouldn't call it shiny. Looks...wet, which makes sense, since they're mud flats.
Its definitely not too shiney. That specular mask is perfect. Its strong enough for it to give it some shine, but theres not enough for it to be glowing white(bad).
That texture overall couldnt be much better then that.

All hail crazybump?!

Its fairly easy to mess up the specular. Whats displayed in crazybump usually looks completely different ingame.

On a side note, can you change skin colour? Cos in that screenshot he looks brown, but in other ones im pretty sure hes white.
"
p0rt wrote:
On a side note, can you change skin colour? Cos in that screenshot he looks brown, but in other ones im pretty sure hes white.

Nope, the Marauder's skin has been dark for.. Quite some time. I can't say what he's looked like too far in the past. If you're referring to the last few SS, they've been of the Duelist, not the Marauder.

On another note, what may appear "too shiny" here actually looks pretty good when you see it in game.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
Glad to hear the ground isn't too shiny in-game. I agree with ZooL though, I've noticed that the shine on the earth actually makes it look more hard, as if it was wet rock.

About the skin colour, it's been mentioned before that there are a lot of New Zealand references in this game, and that the Marauder may be based on New Zealand's natives, the Maori. This is purely speculation though, as I don't believe this has been confirmed by Chris yet.

Another great screenshot, looking forward to next weeks Update.
I love lamp
The screenshots of the shine bothered me, but the gameplay with the shine is less noticeable.

I'm still undecided if it should be turned down slightly.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
jmackay wrote:
About the skin colour, it's been mentioned before that there are a lot of New Zealand references in this game, and that the Marauder may be based on New Zealand's natives, the Maori. This is purely speculation though, as I don't believe this has been confirmed by Chris yet.

I believe John confirmed at some point on these forums (or maybe it was the alpha forums) that Chris was used as the model and main inspiration for the Marauder.
; )
Forum Sheriff
The Marauder is definatly modelled of a Maori warrior. Just look at his Ta Moko (tattoos)
RIP Bolto
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
jmackay wrote:

I believe John confirmed at some point on these forums (or maybe it was the alpha forums) that Chris was used as the model and main inspiration for the Marauder.
; )

See now, if you weren't in the alpha already, tpapp, I would've thought you were trying to brown-nose your way in ; ) Though I do kinda see some similarities..
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
jmackay wrote:

; )

Jonathan confirmed it in the IRC channel.
I look more like the Ranger than the Marauder!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info