Maxtek's Low Life Wander (Crown of Eyes + Shavronne's Wrappings) [HC / Nemesis]

Hey, so after playing this build for quite some time now and having so much fun with it, I thought I should share it.

Before I start, this is a very expensive build to pull off and should not be tried when on a tight budget!

- - -

This is a Physical + Elemental Wander (Power Siphon) that utilizes the Crown of Eyes and Shavronne's Wrappings unique items.

The build revolves around Auras. You want to be able to stack as many offensive Auras as possible whilst maintaining a safe amount of defense.

I use a physical Wand so that I can leech back life and mana, stack Auras and Auras buff passives and then multiply all of those Auras with the Weapon Elemental Support gem.

- - -

Items, Passives & Gems

There are two required unique items to make this build.

- Current Passive Tree (level 85)

This tree may alter slightly depending on you're gear. Currently I have a couple STR and DEX nodes as well as an All-Res node that I would like to re-spec when I can. However the core passives are all there.

You should aim to get every "Reduced Mana Reservation" and "Increased effect of Aura" node I have in my tree. These are the core passives besides Energy Shield.

I've picked up Zealot's Oath due to not being able to reach Vaal Pact, although Z.O isn't comparable to V.P its the next best thing. I use this in combination with Vitality to mitigate the negative effects of Blood Rage and Chaos DoT map mods.

After brief testing I found that Fusilade gave me a lot more DPS than Elder Power, even though I'm using a physical wand. Assassination and Bloodthirst are pretty standard nodes for any wander, it's a Crit build, so you'll want to stack lots of Crit Chance and around 380% Multiplier.

I wouldn't advise leveling with Power Siphon, in fact this build probably won't work until around level 75, but even then it will be weak and lacking survivability.

- Gems

Single Target: Power Siphon > Weapon Elemental Damage > Increased Critical Damage > Additional Accuracy

AoE: Power Siphon > Lesser Multiple Projectiles > Chain > Weapon Elemental Damage > Increased Critical Damage > Additional Accuracy

The newly added Physical Projectile Attack Damage support gem might be a good alternative to Additional Accuracy, however I haven't yet tested it.

Auras I run are the following:

- Discipline
- Vitality
- Wrath
- Anger
- Hatred

Anger and Wrath combined tend to give me more DPS than any other combination, but this I would imagine is down to the amount of Elemental scaling you have.

- - -

Current Gear & Stats

This is my gear and stats as of January 10th, it changes quite regularly. Now as I said earlier on in the thread, the build isn't cheap, that doesn't however mean you need gear as good or equal gear to mine. I have spent a lot of time farming and trading (and borrowing from friends) to get my character to this stage.

I was previously using the Unique Headhunter belt, it was INCREDIBLY fun (and after killing a couple of rare mobs, giving me utterly stupid sheet DPS), however I had a chance to grab Auxium which allows you to safely drop Dream Fragments for a ring slot, which then allowed me to drop Purity of Elements, resulting in more DPS! :D

Spoiler

As you can see I listed two different Amulets, depending on the map I'm running I will occasionally switch Eye of Chayula out for the rare Citrine Amulet. It's not particularly safe but it gives me about 4K more AoE DPS and roughly 500 more ES which allows me to clear maps a little bit quicker.

- Bandits

Normal: Skill Point (Kill all of them)
Cruel: Increased Attack Speed (Help Kraityn)
Merciless: Power Charge (Help Alira)

- Stats:

The following screenshots were taken wearing the gear and passives shown previously (Eye of Chayula amulet).

(I went to Ledge and killed a couple of mobs to gain my charges).

Offense

- Single Target
Spoiler

- AoE
Spoiler

Defensive

Spoiler

Now you're probably thinking that my defense is very 'minimal', it pretty much is, when you're spending all of you're passives in the upper part of the tree you usually won't have much access to armour. However feel free to drop an offensive aura for Grace, I personally don't bother as when I'm playing alone the majority of mobs are dead before they get too close to me and when I'm in parties someone else is usually running Grace.

- - -

This is quite a rough guide and I've probably missed somethings out so please feel free to ask me anything!

~ Maxtek
icu
Last edited by Maxtek on Jan 10, 2014, 10:09:26 AM
How much unreserved mana you have? Since it kinda nice to have good tooltip DPS while its bad to not able to shoot halth of the time since "not enough mana" :E
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
How much unreserved mana you have? Since it kinda nice to have good tooltip DPS while its bad to not able to shoot halth of the time since "not enough mana" :E

I currently have 163 unreserved mana and my AoE skill costs 105 mana to cast. However saying that, I have 11% mana leech (Auxium + Crown + Tree). I have 19.9 mana regen per second.

I occasionally run of out mana, such as when my attacks miss and I don't leech back anything, but that's why I run a mana potion.
icu
Great guide,much insightful.
Thanks for the guide, gonna remortgage my house and buy the gear.
IGN: @Oos
much wow
IGN: CopyCatDan

WTB trophy items
What about reflect and lightning thorns?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
Oosband wrote:
Thanks for the guide, gonna remortgage my house and buy the gear.

+1 with this gear.. yea right.. =)
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Gameplay vids?
"
DLimited wrote:
What about reflect and lightning thorns?

He dies. What else? LOL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info