RaizQT's CoC furious ice barrage build! [Beyond]

This is my second topic like this. I'm making it because many people have been asking the same questions on my stream and hopefully it will help out some people :)This build is still not finished when it comes to the leveling and gear part so please keep that in mind. I will be making regular updates here and will be adding more information and i progress. I apologize in advance for my english/grammar/unproffesionalism (??) but I'll do my best and hopefully it won't be too terrible!

www.twitch.tv/RaizQT << For gameplay and questions that i somehow didint cover in this topic :P Or you can just come to have some fun. I stream 14h + a day so its hard to miss when im online :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLDWZtT9eSI << Vid for the build. ( The video is super outdated but still gives you a basic idea. I will be making a new one sometime soon. For questions and gameplay its best to tune into the stream atm)

The basic idea of this build is to blow up everything on your screen with super fast and deadly ice spears. Due to the huge amounts of crit and lightining damage you shock/freeze pretty much everything right away. The core item in this build is bereks grip which heals you and your mana pretty much instantly and also provides lots of damage. Also, for all you softcore people out there you can use The Taming as your second ring and pretty much do the best deeps in the entire game :)

BUILD

FINISHED BUILD - http://poeurl.com/y0Gd3Gg

--------------
PROS
-Outstanding damage. solo or 6man party you have just crazy amounts of damage that can kill any bunch of mobs! single target is a bit random but still works very well. (even in 78 maps)

-Scales incredibly. This build is really level dependant due to the amount of crit you get. It starts working at 59 when you get a decent and but REALLY shines around lvl 65+

-Great survivability. Acrobatics, 15k + evasion, ~5k life, 60 % + block and spell block. You freeze almost anything in the entire game. Unless you get 1shot by something you really cannot die :)

-Cheap. The ONLY pricey items in this build are a bereks grip and a 5l chest. However bereks grip can be replaced by warlords mark. As of right now i think queen of the forest is a cheap and good 5l to use and thats what i went with.

-Great for both solo and party. When soloing you kill everything so fast you barely ever even see them 90 % of the time. In groups you bring huge amounts deeeeps.

--------------
CONS
-Not really nooby friendly. You kinda need to know what youre doing.

- No regen can be especially problematic but its still doable. In case of cold ress map mod i just replace my ice spear with arc.

-Laggy. Dont recommend this build for people with bad computers. And even if you have a good pc you might still lag :) im doing ok while streaming and up to 3 man groups and my pc is mediocre.

------------
SKILLS

Helm 4l - Assasins mark / bloodmagic / Increased duration / increased AOE . Curse every pack with this. Caps our crit at 95 % and is the only way for us to get power charges.

Weapon 1h 3s - smoke mine / elemental weakness / faster casting - You can also use lightning warp here. I like to have smoke mine for boxes and ele weakness for double ressist single target mobs.

Gloves 4l - Barrage / Cast on crit / arctic breath / LMP . This is our single target. I prefer lmp over gmp cause it shotguns better from range and also freezes better.

Boots 4l - Cast when damage taken / enduring cry / increased duration / immortal call. We dont get any armour with this build so this really helps with all that bursty phys dmg like rhoas/leapers and "1 shots" in general.

Chest 5l - Frenzy / Cast on crit / Ice spear / Chain / LMP / . The build doesnt work without a 5l. For your sixth link i recommend inc crit dmg.

Shield 3l - Wrath / Grace / Reduced mana. Your aura slot. Not much to explain here. Grace gives you huge amounts of Survivability. With enough gear you can drop wrath if you wanna run herald of ice or something but i dont really recommend it.

-------------------
GEAR

gloves/helm: Life/ressistances/accuracy. Accuracy really goes a long way with this build. You can also get some + lightining damage/ attack speed on your gloves if you can afford it.

chest: Life/ressistance. Im currently using a queen of the forest cause i simply love that item. If you have more cash than me just buy a 6l evasion chest and roll that baby :)

shield : Rathpith . spell block + spell dmg is honestly everything you need from a shield. It also gives us mana and provides huge amounts of life. YUMMY XD If you cant afford it just buy anything to help your life/ressists.

Boots : Life/ress/MS. Atziri's step is probably your best option here. Im not using them yet but maybe in the future :)

belt : life/ressists/str. You will probably need the STR if you dont get it on your other pieces of jewelry so just focus on that.

weapon : crit/lightining damage / spell damage.Your wand needs to have a much crit as you can possibly get (34 % + ) and at least 1,5 attack speed. That wouldnt be so difficult if it wasnt for the light damage + SD also. You can just use a wand with 34 crit at first but the lightining + SD really helps.

Rings/Amulet : Life/Accuracy/ress/Lightining damage. Pretty straight forward on your first ring and amulet. Your second ring BIS is Berek's Grip. But if you cant get one its ok :P

My gear at the moment. All of it is 1-3 chaos except queen/bereks/rathpith

----------------------

Q&A

(this will be updated everytime i get a good question)

Q : WHAT ABOUT REFLECT?!
A : The life leech/spell block/phase acro are enough to keep you alive no problemo. The only problem when it comes to thorns/reflect is promenade boss but we all know that bitch is imba :) you wont even feel reflect/thorns in 78 maps.

Q : Bandits ?
A : Oak, skill point, power charge

(this will be updated everytime i get a good question)
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on Sep 21, 2014, 1:22:13 PM

These should both work to get started with this build right? Lightning damage would be nice though.
ign: ZeoZergs
"
Tumiya wrote:

These should both work to get started with this build right? Lightning damage would be nice though.

Honestly the build just doesnt work without a 33 % crit + wand with lightning damage. You can get one like that for 3-5c so its not that big of a expense :) The only expensive thing pre lvl 80 (you gotta get some accu items at that point ) is tabula rasa
IGN - RaizQT
"
Raiz2 wrote:
As said before you crit 95 % of the time with 21 projectiles every 0,24s so your flasks fill up immediately.

What am I missing? It's absolutely impossible to shoot 7 times (x3 = 21 projectiles) in 0.24 seconds....
"
Kiffenn wrote:
"
Raiz2 wrote:
As said before you crit 95 % of the time with 21 projectiles every 0,24s so your flasks fill up immediately.

What am I missing? It's absolutely impossible to shoot 7 times (x3 = 21 projectiles) in 0.24 seconds....

Cast on crit. He crits with the ability and then it casts again, crits again, etc.
Just as I was about to give up on the rest of the season, I stumble on this. It looks great. Creative.

I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for posting. I've always enjoyed Elemental Hit and the way it shock stacked and blew up groups with elemental prolif (pre-nerf) and I think the Frenzy+Ice Spear (boosted with lightning)+chain is going to do the same.

I would like to see some map video, and perhaps some boss encounters if you have.

"
Dakilula wrote:
Just as I was about to give up on the rest of the season, I stumble on this. It looks great. Creative.

I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for posting. I've always enjoyed Elemental Hit and the way it shock stacked and blew up groups with elemental prolif (pre-nerf) and I think the Frenzy+Ice Spear (boosted with lightning)+chain is going to do the same.

I would like to see some map video, and perhaps some boss encounters if you have.

Sure ill be posting map clears today. Im finally back home so my internet is good enough to stream some quality stuff :) Meanwhile i just recommend to check out the vods on my stream :)
IGN - RaizQT
Now at 59 with this build.

I leveled ST until 58 and couldn't stand the slow clear and boring play style any further. So switched.

I had MoM and level 7 Arctic Armour. Upon switching to CoC, I had to drop both, and also drop half of my mana nodes in order to take up the crit nodes to make toe CoC proc. Currently, my crit chance is 31% unbuffed.

I have this obsession with survivability , AA and MoM after loving my EK tank. So I'd like to find a hybrid version which can carry those. With a Tabula, I notice a real softness to projectiles. I feel that is the creates threat to the build, a wave of projectiles. AA will go a long way to help with that.

Secondly, I am very concerned with Corrupted Blood. My projectiles off screen more than any other build I have ever seen. In an instant, I can have 20 stacks of CB, and die in 2 seconds once I wipe out the mobs and get no further leech. This is going to be my killer for sure. Do you have any view on this? I considered stacking more crit multi to hit harder, so fewer stacks, but then reflect...the stacks just build up in 1-2 seconds. And the CB mob won't even be on screen yet.

My Tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcOSBGWFSAV8BrbHNwelCQ8JP0nqSpNLOktHy2oPydGcUlRSn1KyEyzUDBWLVb6WlJabV3yXypirGNDZ6BtGW-ecFJw1X_Ggh6DCYPbh3aTJ5tdnaOdqqKjp1yomqw_rH-xkLQMt9bAUcHzwzrKSs5x1QDWndsL21nbXtxX3Q3jhOdU6-TuDvKX8-r5Y_xL_Kv8xQ==

Gear:
Spoiler

"
Dakilula wrote:
Now at 59 with this build.

I leveled ST until 58 and couldn't stand the slow clear and boring play style any further. So switched.

I had MoM and level 7 Arctic Armour. Upon switching to CoC, I had to drop both, and also drop half of my mana nodes in order to take up the crit nodes to make toe CoC proc. Currently, my crit chance is 31% unbuffed.

I have this obsession with survivability , AA and MoM after loving my EK tank. So I'd like to find a hybrid version which can carry those. With a Tabula, I notice a real softness to projectiles. I feel that is the creates threat to the build, a wave of projectiles. AA will go a long way to help with that.

Secondly, I am very concerned with Corrupted Blood. My projectiles off screen more than any other build I have ever seen. In an instant, I can have 20 stacks of CB, and die in 2 seconds once I wipe out the mobs and get no further leech. This is going to be my killer for sure. Do you have any view on this? I considered stacking more crit multi to hit harder, so fewer stacks, but then reflect...the stacks just build up in 1-2 seconds. And the CB mob won't even be on screen yet.

My Tree:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcOSBGWFSAV8BrbHNwelCQ8JP0nqSpNLOktHy2oPydGcUlRSn1KyEyzUDBWLVb6WlJabV3yXypirGNDZ6BtGW-ecFJw1X_Ggh6DCYPbh3aTJ5tdnaOdqqKjp1yomqw_rH-xkLQMt9bAUcHzwzrKSs5x1QDWndsL21nbXtxX3Q3jhOdU6-TuDvKX8-r5Y_xL_Kv8xQ==

Gear:
Spoiler

Its always difficult to reply to a comment like this because you simply did not finish the build. You are suppose to use saffels and acrobatics to deal with reflect/thorns. Then reflect actually does NO DAMAGE whatsoever. hence my stream title " COC reflect immune". MOM and a 15+ AA only works if you get a 6l cloak honestly or a proper 6l. Untill then its way too difficult to support the mana. You can use a lvl 10-12 AA but nothing above that depending on your gear. The only advice i can give when it comes to corrupting blood is stay focused :) I used 2 staunchings and never had any issues with it since you can pop it when offscreening and when you see it you just DPS it with EH. Im currently done with the build in this league (lvl 89) but i will probably remake it in the next one but i NEVER felt survivability was an issue with this build (honestly the only issue is the soso single target. Other than that i feel it has no weaknesses)
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on Jan 21, 2014, 5:59:56 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Did your actual 89 tree follow that which you posted in the intro?

It's late season, and I've never tried acrobatics. I'm going to respect and head over that way. I think the issue I have, as you said, is that I am too low level (not enough crit) to be perm-freezing everything and I'm taking too much damage. Then again, I've got to get to 80 somehow!

Cheers for the great build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info