Internet Disconnecting 24/7!

So I've been experiencing major issues with my internet that started ever since I moved to Kansas which was back in 2011.
I'm being disconnected almost every minute or sometimes every few seconds but Windows tells me that I am still connected!

Is Comcast the cause of this? I torrent a few times every now and then.

Btw, I had to reconnect 2 times when making this thread...
"
EvilWiffles wrote:

Is Comcast the cause of this? I torrent a few times every now and then.

Yes, change ISP's immediately.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fiber
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Well, seeing as how I'm still under my parents roof, that isn't up to me until I move out.
What are Google's stances on pirating anyways?

Comcast is cock blocking me, can't watch anything... If you catch my drift.

http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/article/20121110/NEWS/121108970
Last edited by EvilWiffles on Jan 9, 2014, 2:15:53 AM
Do you have an in line ADSL filter?

If so, try removing it and seeing how that goes.
If that fixes it but you still need it because there's a land line, just get a new one for like $10?

Spoiler
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
"
Velocireptile wrote:
Do you have an in line ADSL filter?

If so, try removing it and seeing how that goes.
If that fixes it but you still need it because there's a land line, just get a new one for like $10?

Spoiler

We don't have one. Would WiFi repeaters stop interference (that is, if Comcast isn't throttling)?
I don't know much about Comcast, I'm in Autralia you see. I'm just suggesting the steps I would take with my IT background :D

You could try a repeater, but that's spending money. I'd try anything else before spending money.

Unfortunately if it is your ISP, there wont be much you can do, shy of talking your parents into changing it.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
From what I hear Comcast is fucking terrible lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Velocireptile wrote:
I don't know much about Comcast, I'm in Autralia you see. I'm just suggesting the steps I would take with my IT background :D

You could try a repeater, but that's spending money. I'd try anything else before spending money.

Unfortunately if it is your ISP, there wont be much you can do, shy of talking your parents into changing it.

I'm sure they'd go for Google Fiber because they're as pissed as I am with the service here. Other service providers can't help us, Comcast is the only one that works where I live (don't remember why exactly).

I don't even know if Google Fiber would install here either, so guess I'll have to endure the endless disconnects and lay off anything that takes up a lot of bandwidth...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info