FISHING ROD :S

"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
"
Ruarc wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjX5VbyxYRU
What is Chris Wilson doing in the beginning of the video? Looks like fishing.. With a rhoa feather in the inventory. Might be upcoming content though and just a teaser. I doubt they would go through the trouble with animation etc just to troll, but who knows.

If i had a rod i would try it at the spot in the video and on the bridge in the sarn encampment, perfect fishing spot.

There's no "animation" there. He's holding the fishing rod like Duelist hold 2-handed swords (wish fishing rods used to be), and the idle animation is waving it back and worth as the Duelist shifts weight.

And it's the goddamn lead designer, playing a debug version of the game. He could make the ranger strip down nekkid if he wanted to.

Point is, there is no fishing, MonstaMunch gets his kicks from trolling these threads, and anyone who spends time farming rhoa feathers/putting shit in the map device is falling hard for an elaborate troll. They just want you to waste time in-game. Go do something productive.

If it were true, there would be videos of it, and people doing RMT transfers to explain how to fish.

Fishing with a bunch of hooks is actually called 'trolling' and that's all monsta and the devs are doing.

2nd edit - Want proof? monsta posts in ALL of these threads, and claims he has a rod. Monsta, link the rod RIGHT NOW in this thread, so I can see it as verified, and I'll give you 2ex in nemesis. There's absolutely no reason as to why you can't link it verified right now at this moment, don't give me this "im trying to chance it into a unique crap".

That's what I thought.
Last edited by jarlaxelb on Jan 9, 2014, 2:48:46 PM
Your 2ex are still waiting, Monsta...... Seem to have gotten pretty silent all of a sudden

I did see the OP's fishing rod verified when I first looked at this post this morning (I think it was the 2nd or 3rd post that was verified) but that certainly doesn't mean that fishing exists in the game yet. Lol and if it is truly something that dedication, patience, skill, and loads of time to accomplish that sounds pretty stupid for some sideline "profession" style ability.

Even when fishing is implemented there will have to be very large rewards for doing it otherwise I doubt anyone will participate.
Last edited by Cribstaxx on Jan 9, 2014, 3:41:15 PM
Well, I'm done work, so I'm off. But I'll check in a few hours. Still wanna see that verified rod, monsta.
Well I did see someone link a fishing rod ingame from a stream I was watching, so I know they exist, but they have no use because they are a joke/troll item. Everyone assumes they must be used for something really special but nope, nothing yet.
Closed Beta Member.
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
link the rod RIGHT NOW in this thread, so I can see it as verified, and I'll give you 2ex in nemesis

Can i win?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/728432
Last edited by almostdead on Jan 9, 2014, 4:43:31 PM
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
Your 2ex are still waiting, Monsta...... Seem to have gotten pretty silent all of a sudden

1. Your posts were made long after I was in bed.

2. I've already linked my rod a million times, and it has been seen in it's verified state (as it was when i linked it in this thread). Then someone else who didn't see it claims it was never there and asks again. It's getting silly.

3. I don't even understand what you're implying at this point. Are you claiming that rods don't even exist and I somehow made the whole thing up? Because at this point with all the evidence that's been posted, that's beyond absurd.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jun 14, 2014, 6:06:24 AM
i just ate an unidentified magic fish (to test if it works similar to unid. maps). it reset my passive tree... dammit.

last time that i´ll eat fish before there´s an fish-wiki as good as the poe wiki.

ps: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki good information about poe, if some new players are reading this. (don´t worry about fishing for a while, it´s post-game).
Last edited by blindtaubstoned on Jan 9, 2014, 9:10:12 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
jarlaxelb wrote:

1. As I've said often, I live in Cambodia. Your posts were made long after I was in bed.

2. I've already linked my rod a million times, and it has been seen in it's verified state (as it was when i linked it in this thread). Then someone else who didn't see it claims it was never there and asks again. It's getting silly.

3. I don't even understand what you're implying at this point. Are you claiming that rods don't even exist and I somehow made the whole thing up? Because at this point with all the evidence that's been posted, that's beyond absurd.

Let me guess. One of Charan's alter egos? That would make perfect sense. Who else would spend a shit ton of money to only troll people? ^^
"

Let me guess. One of Charan's alter egos? That would make perfect sense. Who else would spend a shit ton of money to only troll people? ^^

You've been here long enough to know that I'm not Charan, there has never been an option to design a base item, and GGG have already said that the unique rod wasn't a supporter creation (certainly wasn't mine).

Seriously, I don't even know where some of these wacky conspiracies come from. They don't even make basic sense.

Edit: Just to be absolutely clear, this is my one and only PoE account. I have no alts or multis, just me. I use the same handle everywhere I go, GOG, gamersgate, steam etc, it's all MonstaMunch.....
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 9, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info