FISHING ROD :S

I think if more peoples would have played closed beta, they would knew what is coming :)

Lets Fish and Buff us for battle!
"
ibase wrote:
alpha members have access to fishing rods nothing special anymore

Your Alpha Access jelly is way too much. :D
"
ibase wrote:
alpha members have access to fishing rods nothing special anymore

lolwut? What is this, magical day of the wierd nonsensical conspiracy theories? I don't even know of any other alpha people who found a rod, let alone linked it on the forum.

removed
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
Last edited by the_lost_emberbright on Jan 10, 2014, 11:56:25 AM
"
but alpha members knows about the fishing stuff ! you cant deny that

Of course I can deny it. For one, you just said Alpha members as in plural, and I don't see any others posting rods. Two: Every time I claim to "know" something about fishing, everyone jumps on me for making stuff up.

How is it that I get blamed for perpetuating the supposed "troll" of fishing, and get accused of having some kind of insider fishing expertise at the same time?

And if I know some magical secret to getting fishing rods, why can't I find another one? And why do I only have a lame normal rod instead of that OP nerf-worthy unique one?

I studied the forums long and hard for clues about how to allow for the possibility of a fishing rod to drop, and I was ridiculed and mocked for sharing my findings. None the less, they clearly led me in the right direction. Why don't you try doing the same?

Edit: And please, for crying out loud, am I seriously the only person who thinks 27% cast speed on a lvl 8 req weapon is pretty cool? I got mine to 29% on one of my chances, but haven't seen it go beyond that yet.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 9, 2014, 12:28:53 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
...stuff

Although i don't really understand Reddit that much because I never use that site, I do know there's some kind of upvote points system.

If fishing in PoE REALLY DID EXIST, someone would have posted a 'how-to' on Reddit to farm upvotes.

There's no fishing, there may be rods left over from alpha/CB, but they are never verified. There would be real videos on youtube of people fishing and catching shit. It's a big troll, and everyone keeps falling for it.
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
but they are never verified.

No, they just only happen to be verified at times when you weren't checking the thread. Others have seen them verified. Only a very tiny number of hardcore extremists still refute the existence of legit fishing rod drops in PoE at this point.

As for fishing; rods seem hard as hell to get to drop, you think they are going to make fishing some simple easy thing that just anyone with a rod and a stack of feathers can accomplish? It takes dedication, patience, skill. People at the moment just seem to be selling rods without taking the time to admire their beauty and find their true inner meaning.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

You both take your shit out of my quality fishing thread, please.

Fair enough ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjX5VbyxYRU
What is Chris Wilson doing in the beginning of the video? Looks like fishing.. With a rhoa feather in the inventory. Might be upcoming content though and just a teaser. I doubt they would go through the trouble with animation etc just to troll, but who knows.

If i had a rod i would try it at the spot in the video and on the bridge in the sarn encampment, perfect fishing spot.
"
Ruarc wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjX5VbyxYRU
What is Chris Wilson doing in the beginning of the video? Looks like fishing.. With a rhoa feather in the inventory. Might be upcoming content though and just a teaser. I doubt they would go through the trouble with animation etc just to troll, but who knows.

If i had a rod i would try it at the spot in the video and on the bridge in the sarn encampment, perfect fishing spot.

There's no "animation" there. He's holding the fishing rod like Duelist hold 2-handed swords (wish fishing rods used to be), and the idle animation is waving it back and worth as the Duelist shifts weight.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info