FISHING ROD :S

I'm not here to debate the legitimacy of fishing in PoE. Fishing is reel.

Can I just say... I don't give a fuck?

I'm here to slay monsters, I can go catch fish IRL (fishing in my area is superb).

But I don't like to eat fish, I like to eat bacon or a steak and slay endless hordes of undead/demons/etc.

Fishing is a great joke, but I'd much rather just play PoE.

note:
Spoiler
Fishing in my town may be a limited thing. We currently have oil/gas prospectors waiting to sink their drills off my coastline. My region is home to some very rare wildlife, that could become extinct if there was a spill from any drilling operations that go ahead. We could lose all sorts of wildlife, including the very rare Royal Albatross and the Yellow Eyed Penguin.
Just say no to drilling off the Otago coastline. Any and all support aginst this abomination is appretiated.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"

...and yet you post in every fishing related thread you can find. Weird huh? >.>

And no, it isn't a joke, its part of playing PoE.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jan 9, 2014, 6:17:49 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"

...and yet you post in every fishing related thread you can find. Weird huh? >.>

And no, it isn't a joke, its part of playing PoE.

I think you missed the main point of my post (the bit in the spoiler).

Yes, I vote Green party. Yes, I'm an environmentalist.

I'll fucking jump on a boat and go out to sabotage those Shell bastards, so don't be surprised when I disappear from PoE because I'm locked up in a cell. It may well happen.
I sure as fuck won't let Shell drill oil off my coastline without putting up a fight.

Remember Deepwater Horizon (although that was BP).
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Pretty sure you cannot catch a unique fish irl though. Unless you live in Mariana Trench, that's it.
Farming mud flat with my lvl 20 scion and merciless sarn city with my lvl 82 ranger. still no sign of fishing rod
Even the bow fishing is going no where!
Only thing your fishing rod has is the rhoa feather lure which is not easy to get ! you could have sold it for 50+ ex !
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
For those who don't know GGG has confirmed fishing rods are in the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475284/page/244

For those that understand what was posted... he did not confirm anything. He stated there was no recipe for this unique. That doesn't imply that the unique exists.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
For those who don't know GGG has confirmed fishing rods are in the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475284/page/244

For those that understand what was posted... he did not confirm anything. He stated there was no recipe for this unique. That doesn't imply that the unique exists.

So what's with the rods that have been posted and verified? Shape shifting illuminati reptilian conspiracy?
Ok, so that rod let's you catch exotic (unique) fish. What are the fish good for? Do fish have a use in PoE other than as a trophy? If whoever bought it will use it and post what fish he caught that would help us know.

Edit: Sigh! Fishing really shouldn't be that difficult to do. Just another example of GGG making another unobtainium item. Another RNG crap chance of ever getting one to drop. I live in SW Florida and my odds of getting hit by lightning in the summer are significantly greater then getting a rod to drop.

I thought you were supposed to farm the Mud Flats forever for the Albino Rhoa and then after 1000s of Mud Flats runs get a stack of 10 Albino Rhoa feathers and do a vendor recipe to make a rod? So those posts are all fake BS on how to make a rod or what?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 9, 2014, 8:49:55 AM
"

I'll fucking jump on a boat and go out to sabotage those Shell bastards, so don't be surprised when I disappear from PoE because I'm locked up in a cell. It may well happen.
I sure as fuck won't let Shell drill oil off my coastline without putting up a fight.

Ahh, the environmental movement. The most anti-environment, anti-science, anti-human religious organization there is. I wish i could wake up every morning with the self deluded hubris that I am "saving the world".
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Jan 9, 2014, 9:08:24 AM
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"

Ahh, the environmental movement. The most anti-environment, anti-science, anti-human religious organization there is. I wish i could wake up every morning with the self deluded hubris that I am "saving the world".

^

Yes the same guys who buy an electric car to save the world when making the batteries for the piece of shit did more harm than burning petrol for 10 years in a normal car would.

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info