FISHING ROD :S

Actually, no.
It is not really a fishing rod, but a baseballbat being ingognito.
The reason for that, is that this particular bat is a pacifist, and by being disguised, it hopes to avoid any fighting.

Proof to this: physical damage.
"
lolozori wrote:
No much agree with you about legacy Kaoms. I doubt there is more than 50 being sold on the servers. Even if there is 1000+ of them in the game, people will quit, never come back and let their Kaom legacy to rot forever in their inventory. Some people will even erase their toons.

If the game really last 10 years, the value of a legacy kaom in 10 years will be over 9000 since less and less will be in the game/being sold.

SotS will continue to drop, not much but continue and in 10 years I guess if Sots is not legacy, a kaom will still be more valuable that the rod.

So much wrong with your logic here bro;

1. Even after however long it's been in the game, there are still only a handful of SotS that have been found. It's by far the rarest item in the game. I would have traded my hc demigod's presence for it if I had to and rightly so.

2. Kaom's will become less and less OP as item levels and related affix levels rise over the years. iirc when I started playing this game the highest life roll you could get on anything was about 60 or 70. It's now over a hundred. There will come a tipping point where the extra life from the chest is less relevant, yet the no sockets thing will remain the same.

3. SotS has affixes that don't exist on any other item in the game, so if you want to catch exotic fish, you HAVE to get one. That isn't the case with Kaom's, there are lots of ways to get life in this game, but only one way to catch exotic fish.

4. For all we know, it might be legacy already. They didn't announce when it was added to the game, so I wouldn't expect them to announce it being nerfed either. When was the last time someone found one?

5. I expect fishing to become a big thing when future content is released and it becomes a more mainstream activity (mainstream, getit? :P). At that point I expect the price of all fishing related equipment to explode, which won't be relevant to me as I won't be selling mine anyway, but still, as you only seem to want to talk about the trading value of it, that's what will happen.

Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 23, 2014, 4:58:48 AM
pretty sure that if fishing is really going to be implemented in the game, all specific fishing mod would be revamped and current fishing rod would become useless legacy.
IGN TylordRampage
"

2. Kaom's will become less and less OP as item levels and related affix levels rise over the years. iirc when I started playing this game the highest life roll you could get on anything was about 60 or 70. It's now over a hundred. There will come a tipping point where the extra life from the chest is less relevant, yet the no sockets thing will remain the same.

In the podcast they said that they might not ever increase the affix strength or introduce new stronger base items because it would invalidate a lot of work some people put in their items.
They said they will be looking for more ways to introduce new stuff like to how corruption works atm which means you can alter your existing good items in a way that doesn't require starting all over.

So no, unless they rebalance life as a whole legacy Kaom will only rise in price (not that life needs rebalancing).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jul 23, 2014, 5:32:57 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
"

In the podcast they said that they might not ever increase the affix strength or introduce new stronger base items because it would invalidate a lot of work some people put in their items.
They said they will be looking for more ways to introduce new stuff like to how corruption works atm which means you can alter your existing good items in a way that doesn't require starting all over.

So no, unless they rebalance life as a whole legacy Kaom will only rise in price (not that life needs rebalancing).

Which podcast? Affix levels have always increased when higher level content has become available, it would make no sense to keep raising the level of content without increasing max bracket affix values, and they've done it in the past so what changed?

Not sure it's really relevant either way. There are hundreds of Kaoms and only a handful of SotS, there will never be a lot of them because people will never take my advice on how to obtain them seriously.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 23, 2014, 5:38:32 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
"

Which podcast? Affix levels have always increased when higher level content has become available, it would make no sense to keep raising the level of content without increasing max bracket affix values, and they've done it in the past so what changed?

Not sure it's really relevant either way. There are hundreds of Kaoms and only a handful of SotS, there will never be a lot of them because people will never take my advice on how to obtain them seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMvbMxuX_M8

Don't remember the part they said it but it's somewhere in the 2nd half. Between 60:00-100:00 (in minutes) i think.
They are very set on NOT increasing affix tiers. Maybe we will see a overall increase in tier strength which you can then divine but new affixes won't be added anytime soon, nor will stronger base items. At least that is what Chris said.
They want to give options like corruption to people which want stronger items.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
stay on topic ploz, anybody found a rod lately?
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
stay on topic ploz, anybody found a rod lately?

I've seen a few rods being found, but no SotS's for quite some time. I'm aware of 6 in total though I don't know who all their current owners are.
"
3. SotS has affixes that don't exist on any other item in the game, so if you want to catch exotic fish, you HAVE to get one. That isn't the case with Kaom's, there are lots of ways to get life in this game, but only one way to catch exotic fish.

- fishing may never be implemented
- fishing may be implemented one day, but exotic fish may not
- exotic fish mod can appears on new rod in the future

so basically we don't have any clue on the value of this item in 2 years. Today is just speculation.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 23, 2014, 10:16:22 AM
"
Malone wrote:
"

- fishing may never be implemented
- fishing may be implemented one day, but exotic fish may not
- exotic fish mod can appears on new rod in the future

so basically we don't have any clue on the value of this item in 2 years. Today is just speculation.

- I'm a diamond supporter and you haven't seen my unique yet. Just because you don't have a clue, don't mean I don't either.

Fishing gon be OP.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 23, 2014, 10:18:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info