FISHING ROD :S

"
TheBeerinator wrote:

There was no tricorne on anyone in the group doing the map. Nobody in the group even knew about fishing rods before it dropped. Any explanation as to why it dropped without these preparations will have to be backed up with some proof or official word, of course.

I am going to go pet my legacy Kaom's Heart with my mouse cursor now and whisper sweet nothings to it.

He was talking about someone else, as his "friend" who he hasn't gotten back to us about was on a different map. There's a completely different and entirely logical explanation for yours; It was Coward's Trail. Coward's Trail ignores requirements for uniques to drop. Very, very simple.

I've been upfront about how I got my SotS. The rod I linked before anyone else found one in the albino rhoa thread is another matter entirely (also linked it earlier in this thread). You might want to try explaining that.

One day you shall realize your mistake and cry. Until then, enjoy your chest :)
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Feb 20, 2014, 7:52:21 AM
With 3 of them having already dropped along with normal/rare ones, by the time fishing is added to the game they will be much more common, and a legacy Kaom's Heart will probably keep going up in price.

You also have to think about what fishing would actually get you in the end. If it were anything more than what an average day of farming gets you in the same time frame, it would ruin the game.

I guess I am ruining the fun with logic.
Logic does not belong in this thread.
Standard Forever
Monsta scammed himself ^^.
"
TheBeerinator wrote:
With 3 of them having already dropped along with normal/rare ones, by the time fishing is added to the game they will be much more common, and a legacy Kaom's Heart will probably keep going up in price.

You also have to think about what fishing would actually get you in the end. If it were anything more than what an average day of farming gets you in the same time frame, it would ruin the game.

You got it wrong. Of the 3 that dropped, two were from Coward's Trails. You're assuming a whole lot about the past, present, and future of fishing in this game, and without meaning to be rude, your opinion on the matter is clearly uneducated. There are thousands of legacy Kaom's on standard. There always will be. There will never be that many SotS, because there are only two ways you have a chance of finding one; follow my advice, or do cowards trail. Coward's trail will only help with SotS, not regular rods, and even then of all the coward's trails people have run, only two have led to SotS drops. Following my advice isn't a worry, because not that many people ever will. So again, they will stay rare as hell.

Just because you don't know how to use something, that doesn't mean it has no use.

"
Heroofexile wrote:

Nope. I did full and thorough research before making my purchase. I know what I'm doing.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
TheBeerinator wrote:

You got it wrong. Of the 3 that dropped, two were from Coward's Trails. You're assuming a whole lot about the past, present, and future of fishing in this game, and without meaning to be rude, your opinion on the matter is clearly uneducated. There are thousands of legacy Kaom's on standard. There always will be. There will never be that many SotS, because there are only two ways you have a chance of finding one; follow my advice, or do cowards trail. Coward's trail will only help with SotS, not regular rods, and even then of all the coward's trails people have run, only two have led to SotS drops. Following my advice isn't a worry, because not that many people ever will. So again, they will stay rare as hell.

Just because you don't know how to use something, that doesn't mean it has no use.

"
Heroofexile wrote:

Nope. I did full and thorough research before making my purchase. I know what I'm doing.

No much agree with you about legacy Kaoms. I doubt there is more than 50 being sold on the servers. Even if there is 1000+ of them in the game, people will quit, never come back and let their Kaom legacy to rot forever in their inventory. Some people will even erase their toons.

If the game really last 10 years, the value of a legacy kaom in 10 years will be over 9000 since less and less will be in the game/being sold.

SotS will continue to drop, not much but continue and in 10 years I guess if Sots is not legacy, a kaom will still be more valuable that the rod.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Feb 20, 2014, 10:36:55 AM
Just a heads up.

These are the mods you can get by corrupting a Fishing Rods.

• (5 to 10)% increased Quantity of Fish Caught
  • (5 to 10)% increased Rarity of Fish Caught
  • (10 to 20)% increased Cast Speed
  • You can catch Corrupted Fish

Mods directly extracted from 1.1.1 game files by fellow exile Chriskang and can be also found on wiki.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

@OP: To sell a rod for anything less than 60 exalts is a complete fail. Sorry bro.

Lmao. That item is useless. Who ever pays even 1 ex for it is worth it.
http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html
I'd just like to have one..lol
Sven
So this game follows Fish to Win business model, after all?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info