Orb of alchemy

I'm under the impression that the orbs of alchemy drop less often now than they did in closed beta and that the recipe has changed. If this is correct, can anyone confirm this?
I have but one character, he is level 4. He found an orb of alchemy at level 2 iirc. I have no clue if the drop rate has changed or not, but I have a feeling that GGG would have informed us if they changed drop rates.
Boulder bros
I played quite a few characters in closed beta and would usually have 2 or 3 by the time I got to level 15.

On my current level 24 guy, I have yet to find one so it might be just luck.
I have 3 lvl ~30 characters, and have got 6 +/- 3 alchs
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
Last edited by Delmas on Jan 25, 2013, 5:04:44 PM
I got 13 Chaos, 3 GCP, a Chisel, 2 Blessed Orbs and hundreds of lower orbs (trans/alter/scrap/whestone), 40 Jeweller's, 30 chances, 2 Regals, and 1 YES ONLY 1 Alchemy, in my entire play.

How fucked up is that.
I've played one character to 41 and maybe a half dozen to their low-to-mid twenties, and I've gotten some 20-25 Alchs at least. I have 15 or so between default and HC atm, and I've used a bunch.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
56 Chromatic Orbs
22 Orbs of Chance
18 Jeweller's Orbs
18 Orbs of Alchemy
15 Glassblower's Baubles
9 Orbs of Fusing
7 Orbs of Scouring
3 Chaos Orbs
3 Orbs of Regret
2 Gemcutter's Prisms
1 Regal Orb
and 1 Blessed Orb

True story. (Current HC stash between a couple Normal difficulty characters, almost no crafting yet for obvious reasons)
95% of all statistics I use are backed up by SCIENCE.
Alc orbs drop like candy for me. What I can't get for the life of me are support gems. I've had a grand total of 1 as a drop. The rest have all come from trading and quest rewards.
My first alch was in lvl 41. It looks alot like they touch the drop.
Sorry for my english dudes! D:
"
Thernys wrote:
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
56 Chromatic Orbs
22 Orbs of Chance
18 Jeweller's Orbs
18 Orbs of Alchemy
15 Glassblower's Baubles
9 Orbs of Fusing
7 Orbs of Scouring
3 Chaos Orbs
3 Orbs of Regret
2 Gemcutter's Prisms
1 Regal Orb
and 1 Blessed Orb

True story. (Current HC stash between a couple Normal difficulty characters, almost no crafting yet for obvious reasons)

Damn you're poor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info