Axe + Shield Build

Here's what I have so far:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEACTMOPBRxGS4a2RznIPAhAiFgJvgn7Si1KS4q9jAZMHcyCTboOlI9_ECgQapE51BQVgRYY1ivXz9gc2CIYVJlp2oeajtwPnKpdE108XgNe4x8uHzZhmCMBozPlZueuZ_LoLSkrKbPqBipbqyqud3G2NBH0TbZYd-_4mHkUeeu7w7vTvIv8wb2SPcy-Ov7qg==

I plan on going through the defensive nodes first to get to resolute technique, then maybe going for some of those 1h melee damage/speed nodes as well as those few shield ones near the starting point. Then I'll just work my way towards blood magic and the second diamond skin (snagging berserking and unwavering stance on the way) and go up via BM from there.

My main issue is getting enough dex to wield axes, but with resolute technique (seems kind of wasteful grabbing dex nodes with RT, but I guess it's necessary to make this build viable). I don't think I'll have enough dex to use most axes to begin with, or at all if I don't make some path changes. So I guess I'll resort to maces or whatever else works if that's what it comes to. I'm not on HC, so survivability isn't too big of a deal. But I figured I should be alright for a while after grabbing those defensive nodes right off the bat.

Not really sure about skills either, aside from the obligatory cleave. Any suggestions?

Thoughts? Pointers? This is the first build I've actually tried mapping out beforehand as opposed to winging it and trying to figure it out as I go (which never got me far without regrets in the first place). I'd really appreciate the help.
I can tell you will about 104-134 dex to make this work. I would say stay away from damage till way later into the build. Since you are going to melee, you might as well get iron reflex. That will aso grab you another 30 dex.

You can look at my build to get an idea for defense. It's a pretty good template to fallow, and you can remove the conduit path, and the endurance paths if need be, and use those points towards your axe damage.

Check out my How to Build The "Tankiest" Thread on http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/67244

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info