Whats with the walking and running animations ?

They have to be the worst i've ever seen in a modern video game of the last 10 years period..

They remind me of one of those claymation greek mythology movies, first one that comes to mind is Jason and the Argonauhts circa 1961.. here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

There is such an unatural gait in the walk and run its immediately distracting to the point its all im looking at. There is also a huge disconnect between the character and the scenery but mostly it seems your hovering along a backdrop.

I love the genre and i tried this game about 8 mths ago. But those animations are...so bad..

Is there any animation touch ups planned for the future ?
GGG is independent company which runs FREE TO PLAY game. Better animations would be very expensive to make and have little effect on actual gameplay, which is IMO far from "worth it"

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I don't have a problem with them. But they are always updating the game so maybe.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Jan 6, 2014, 12:54:55 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
GGG is independent company which runs FREE TO PLAY game. Better animations would be very expensive to make and have little effect on actual gameplay, which is IMO far from "worth it"

I would have to disagree with this statement entirely, have pleasing visuals to the eye makes long term gameplay more appealing. The animations are something you look at constantly all the time every time you move or anything moves.

I do not have a problem with some of the creature animations but the way the human movement is portrayed in running and walking is comical and detracts from the gameplay itself. In trying to think of what i can relate it to in normal movement would be people "sneaking on their tippy toes" as far as the way the legs bend and head bobs around like one of those dashboard bobbly head things.

i think they are fine just how they are. you need to play the game more and see how much there is to be appreciated.
i <3 minesweeper
"
Runeword wrote:
i think they are fine just how they are. you need to play the game more and see how much there is to be appreciated.

If i was to take this line of thinking i should just play the tabletop version of any rpg as the character generation and crafting systems are deeper then anything that ever been released on the video game medium.

But alas this IS a video game and the one fundamental thing video games have over every other artistic medium is controllable animation. Its this controlable animation that serves are your avatar in your game world of choice and if your avatar is unbelievable or you can not form an attachment to it for whatever reason then you lose immersion, longevity, playability, re-playability, ability to draw new followers and so on.

Dont get me wrong i am absolutely not sledging the game and i do know the game has alot of depth and customization but well to be brutally honest i just dont care to go looking for it because i cant stand looking at everything moving.
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Runeword wrote:

If i was to take this line of thinking i should just play the tabletop version of any rpg as the character generation and crafting systems are deeper then anything that ever been released on the video game medium.

But alas this IS a video game and the one fundamental thing video games have over every other artistic medium is controllable animation. Its this controlable animation that serves are your avatar in your game world of choice and if your avatar is unbelievable or you can not form an attachment to it for whatever reason then you lose immersion, longevity, playability, re-playability, ability to draw new followers and so on.

Dont get me wrong i am absolutely not sledging the game and i do know the game has alot of depth and customization but well to be brutally honest i just dont care to go looking for it because i cant stand looking at everything moving.

I'm not slighting you or anything, but I think you'd enjoy Castle of the Winds. It's a fantastic Windows 3 ARPG ^_^" (Should work fine on any 32/16bit Windows)

Not saying you shouldn't play POE, just offering you a great game suggestion to play along side it if you want.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 7, 2014, 5:33:35 AM
"
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Runeword wrote:

I'm not slighting you or anything, but I think you'd enjoy Castle of the Winds. It's a fantastic Windows 3 ARPG ^_^" (Should work fine on any 32/16bit Windows)

Not saying you shouldn't play POE, just offering you a great game suggestion to play along side it if you want.

I have actually played this before and yes it is a great game, big fan of rogue likes. The reason i play ARPG's is because well like most devout arpg fans i am a loot whore and i enjoy theory-crafting builds.

Probably the greatest arpg ive ever played with an immense amount of builds and a gigantic loot list that also had fantastic visuals, great world and belivable animations was Sacred 2 by the now bankrupt Ascaron. Why this game was not picked up and touted from the rooftops as the best thing since sliced bread ill never know. But to me it was better then any of the 3 diablo games or titan quest or dungeon siege or hellgate.

I have yet to play a game that is its match.
The ones that really stand out to me are when characters run with two weapons. It is the most awkward thing ever.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
The scion has a nice wiggle. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info