Desperate for a Marauder build

Hello everyone,

My browser has around 30 open tabs with forum posts and builds for marauder, and its done my head in. I started playing with OB so I lack the experience of CB. While I find the massive passive skill tree and its versatility brilliant.... I just can't do it (especially with the limited respecs, I will definitely, totally mess my character up). Nor do I have the time and game knowledge to number crunch everything and come up with a solid build (I've read countless conversations of people conjuring up builds and I hardly understand half of what is being suggested and said).

(also note that I have no bias for "cookie cutter" or "easy mode" builds; everything is welcome as long as it works)

Basically what I'm looking for is a build that:
- Is solid and viable for endgame.
- Will not encounter a "brick wall" at some point in the game.
- Able to carry my own in solo play.

I don't mind if I will be using a 1-hander and shield or a 2-hander.
I don't mind if I will be using spells/auras or not.
I am completely open as long as it works (as best as possible).

If there was a "1 absolutely best overpowered build that cheeses everything" I would have no bias in using it (as my lack of knowledge of the game makes me a worse player anyway).

Hopefully someone can provide a build that is all/most of the above so I can get back to killing things (and close all my browser tabs :P).

Much obliged and thanks in advance,

A desperate Marauder
Personally, and I do mean personally, I think that since NO ONE has gone to the end yet that anything anyone puts out there as "The Bestest of the BEST all the rest FAIL" in pure BS.

Something may work great through act II and then fail hard. No one knows.

My best advice - grab health and armor, grab damage for whatever you prefer to sling around (1H or 2H) - or try both and see which way you prefer to play - then pick. If you screw it up - the game police aren't going to come knocking. Start over.

Since you say it doesn't matter what the build is so long as you can survive - then grab those points first, grab your specific damage second, and by the time you get to the "do or die" points you should have a decent idea of where you want to go with the rest. As you go along in this game it becomes pretty obvious what you're lacking - if you're afraid to spend points right away - then don't. Wait on everything after armor/strength/life and see what you decide you need for the way you play.

There is no wrong way to do this because everyone is guessing - even those with the slide rules out and pontificating on what works and what doesn't - it's pure guesswork based on prior levels that may or may not apply later on.

IMO - every build is 'viable' so long as you use it with brain engaged, and it's fairly tailored to the way you prefer to play. I also tend to think that there is way more than 1 or 2 builds that work for each class, and I know for a fact that it's only through experimenting that new builds are found.

So go experiment! You might be the guy that comes up with the 'be all-end all everyone else fails" build just by not being afraid to try things on your own.

After all - isn't part of the fun of playing a game to have fun and experiment?

My 2c
In other games - you get a cookie whether you win or lose. PoE not only takes your cookie and eats it in front of you, it slaps you upside the head a few times for bringing a cookie in the first place.
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I started to follow this build provided in another thread.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0UcRkuGjgc5yDwJ9Un7Si1MgkyiTpSQKBBP0TnUEdQUFHmVElWBFcNV-JYY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJqHmo7cql07Xrve4x82YZgjM-QVZwnns2fy6CdogCmZKcwp4SoGKlorKq0L7ndwBrEWMbYyZjSIdlh3sHfv-St51LsOO4U7w7vTvAf8i_2SPe-

People seem to be enthusiastic about it and has almost no negative comments. I guess I'll take it from there and see where I'll end up. Hopefully I'll have a better grasp of the game and its mechanics by the time my skill tree starts growing too big.

Thanks again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info