Macro Legality List

"
F2::OpenPortal() ; Assign to open portal in bottom left inv slot
Can you clarify how you got these 'already confirmed'?

Especially this one, I happen to know a lot about portals & the development (as in from GGG) ideas behind them. In short, the reason the portal gem has a cast time is because of the time it takes to open the inventory and right click on a portal. If you are bypassing this through use of a macro, I dont know who would consider that to be fair by any means... at any rate, it seems pretty sketchy to me so I was curious if you actually got someone that would confirm that for you (or if you have a link to it)
"
Metronomy wrote:
Especially this one, I happen to know a lot about portals & the development (as in from GGG) ideas behind them. In short, the reason the portal gem has a cast time is because of the time it takes to open the inventory and right click on a portal. If you are bypassing this through use of a macro, I dont know who would consider that to be fair by any means... at any rate, it seems pretty sketchy to me so I was curious if you actually got someone that would confirm that for you (or if you have a link to it)

Yeah IMO there's no way he has such a link, but rather assumed. His "already confirmed" itemlevel macro was illegal, and his portal macro is definitely illegal.

I'll update the OP. His TP macro is basically using the same thing as the passives zoomout that i asked GGG about recently, except his does 5 or 6 actions instead of 2. By my count, and rough understanding of what GGG deems an action, these are what his macro is doing:

1) get the current mouse position
2) open the inventory
3) move the mouse to the town portal location
4) right click the portal
5) close the inventory
6) move the mouse to the original location

Only thing i'm not sure about is if 1 & 6 are considered to be 2 actions. It's pretty moot though.
account number 3
Last edited by unsane3 on Feb 20, 2014, 12:15:43 AM
What about a script, that send the current song playing to the chat? It does not give any advantages to the player.

Autoit script for VLC media player, sending the windows title (current song) as a string.
The script creates an array with all processes for VLC, then isolates position [2] [0], presses enter, types positionj [2] [0] (song title), presses enter again.

Spoiler

#NoTrayIcon
#include<Array.au3>
$a = ProcessList('vlc.exe')

For $i = 1 To UBound($a) - 1
_ArrayDisplay(ProcessGetWindow($a[$i][1]))
Next

Func ProcessGetWindow($PId)
$PId = ProcessExists($PId)

If $PId = 0 Then
SetError(1)
Else

Local $WinList = WinList()
Local $WindowTitle[1][2]
Local $x = 0

For $i = 1 To $WinList[0][0]

If WinGetProcess($WinList[$i][1], "") = $PId And $WinList[$i][0] <> ""Then
ReDim $WindowTitle[$x+1][2]
$WindowTitle[$x][0] = $WinList[$i][0]
$WindowTitle[$x][1] = $WinList[$i][1]
$x += 1
EndIf

Next

Local $title = StringTrimRight($WindowTitle[2] [0], 19)
;since the title of the real window seems to always be at [2] [0] I made this fixed
;cut the last 19 letters (" - VLC Media Player")
;need bug reports for this part, arrays on other systems might look different

Send ("{ENTER}")
Send($title)
Send ("{ENTER}")

EndIf

EndFunc
"
Karkesh wrote:
What about a script, that send the current song playing to the chat? It does not give any advantages to the player.

Giving an advantage or not has no bearing, as evidenced by them saying no to my "volume mute" macro. It was just a quality of life option. However, it used multiple in-game actions, so it's not allowed.

"
Karkesh wrote:
Autoit script for VLC media player, sending the windows title (current song) as a string.
The script creates an array with all processes for VLC, then isolates position [2] [0], presses enter, types positionj [2] [0] (song title), presses enter again.

Spoiler

#NoTrayIcon
#include<Array.au3>
$a = ProcessList('vlc.exe')

For $i = 1 To UBound($a) - 1
_ArrayDisplay(ProcessGetWindow($a[$i][1]))
Next

Func ProcessGetWindow($PId)
$PId = ProcessExists($PId)

If $PId = 0 Then
SetError(1)
Else

Local $WinList = WinList()
Local $WindowTitle[1][2]
Local $x = 0

For $i = 1 To $WinList[0][0]

If WinGetProcess($WinList[$i][1], "") = $PId And $WinList[$i][0] <> ""Then
ReDim $WindowTitle[$x+1][2]
$WindowTitle[$x][0] = $WinList[$i][0]
$WindowTitle[$x][1] = $WinList[$i][1]
$x += 1
EndIf

Next

Local $title = StringTrimRight($WindowTitle[2] [0], 19)
;since the title of the real window seems to always be at [2] [0] I made this fixed
;cut the last 19 letters (" - VLC Media Player")
;need bug reports for this part, arrays on other systems might look different

Send ("{ENTER}")
Send($title)
Send ("{ENTER}")

EndIf

EndFunc

Assuming the crazy weapon dps calculation macros are legal, the above would be as well. All you're doing in-game is sending one message - that part is allowed. The processing isn't sending multiple in-game actions. My guess is it's allowed.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Looking for clarification:

I use my programmable keyboard to build little custom macros. (technically the program doing it is Razer Synapse 2.0) So far all I use are "/remaining" and "/itemlevel" buttons - I still open chat manually, the button just then fills in the command for me, then I press enter manually.

Is it ok for me to have a button that uses all 5 of my flasks at the same time?
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I use my programmable keyboard to build little custom macros. (technically the program doing it is Razer Synapse 2.0) So far all I use are "/remaining" and "/itemlevel" buttons - I still open chat manually, the button just then fills in the command for me, then I press enter manually.

No, multiple action clause.

Chris wrote:
"Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed."

OOS, remaining, ..., are exempt from that statement, that's the only reason they are legal. Using more than one flask per button however is more than one action.
"
Karkesh wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

No, multiple action clause.

Chris wrote:
"Any macro that performs more than one action is bannable, as is anything that sends it based on a timer.

It's fine to have a button that causes /oos, or /remaining or casts an aura, but having a timer to repeat actions or a macro to cast all your auras is not allowed. This is because these are things that normal players cannot do, so they give advantages in terms of playing speed."

OOS, remaining, ..., are exempt from that statement, that's the only reason they are legal. Using more than one flask per button however is more than one action.

thanks
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
you should add:

Auto lockout at defined % of life via life bulb pixel check illegal
The elements are my allies.
The dead are my servants.
And fear...will be my closest friend.

Deutscher Global Channel "/global 4745"
"

#ifWinActive Path of Exile

$MButton::
BlockInput On
send {MButton}
sleep 10
send {enter}
sleep 10
send {Backspace}{Backspace}/oos{enter}
BlockInput Off
return

Syncs your desync skills.

Game fixed.

Why delete my post?
not sure if this is a macro but pressing the up arrow to paste things in chat is what i used

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info