Newb needs tips on HC

So currently i am rolling a bow shadow on HC (planning on going elemental damage) using ice shot and poison arrow and/or frenzy.

I have been doing some research on how to survive in HC but i am just wondering does anyone have any important things (like build, item, skills or general knowledge) to know while playing HC

Currently my build so far

Normal act 2

What im planning to do

End game build
b
Know to little about bow builds to give some advice about it but can give a few important bits of info regarding playing HC in act3(currently running a lvl34 solo groundslam mara, close to the last boss I think).

So just some piece of advice about a few mobs in act3 that might end up saving your life. :P

Spoiler
Right when you enter act3 there is a unique mob that uses bear trap and throws ethereal knives. This guy was a pain. I ran into him not prepared and got trapped and almost killed. So be very very careful when entering the small alleys.

Secondly when you enter "the warehouse" the same type of mobs as this guy(very fast moving and deadly up close) are very close to the area entrance. They will swamp you if you move up to fast. Need to inch your way forward here after you enter the area. Once again, almost got killed here.
As a ranged character you can probably stay back and shot from the entrance. Try and kill them of screen. That would be my advice for this part.

Thirdly be very afraid of the big statues. They throw freezing attacks if I remember correctly.

Act3 really is hard as hell even on normal. I watched the last boss on a stream. Going to try and do it soon but I think it might be very hard as a solo player. Incase anyone have some tips for how to do the fight please tell me. THe boss uses some portals on the ground, I am not sure if I should try and kill those or not. Perhaps it is not possible when playing not in a group. Created a thread in beta section incase anyone have some info to tell me.
"
Eivon wrote:
Know to little about bow builds to give some advice about it but can give a few important bits of info regarding playing HC in act3(currently running a lvl34 solo groundslam mara, close to the last boss I think).

So just some piece of advice about a few mobs in act3 that might end up saving your life. :P

Spoiler
Right when you enter act3 there is a unique mob that uses bear trap and throws ethereal knives. This guy was a pain. I ran into him not prepared and got trapped and almost killed. So be very very careful when entering the small alleys.

Secondly when you enter "the warehouse" the same type of mobs as this guy(very fast moving and deadly up close) are very close to the area entrance. They will swamp you if you move up to fast. Need to inch your way forward here after you enter the area. Once again, almost got killed here.
As a ranged character you can probably stay back and shot from the entrance. Try and kill them of screen. That would be my advice for this part.

Thirdly be very afraid of the big statues. They throw freezing attacks if I remember correctly.

Act3 really is hard as hell even on normal. I watched the last boss on a stream. Going to try and do it soon but I think it might be very hard as a solo player. Incase anyone have some tips for how to do the fight please tell me. THe boss uses some portals on the ground, I am not sure if I should try and kill those or not. Perhaps it is not possible when playing not in a group. Created a thread in beta section incase anyone have some info to tell me.

Thanks for the help. I will make sure to keep that in mind when entering act 3.
"
Eivon wrote:

Spoiler

This is why I prefer others to lead the way and I'll pull up the rear. Guess I'm a coward :-).
b
dont go through tp's unless you have an SSD hard drive
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
May I know what is HC?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info