Known Issues & Common Technical Problems

"
Childa wrote:
Hi folks,

after having a redo of my entire computer i am not able to login to my email account again, because my thunderbird settings are lost, and my wwritten down password seems not to be matching the usual one.

thinking of logging in here and changeing to a new email account wont work, because the change settings are sent to my old one, which I am still not able to log in.

As there is a rephrasing textmessage after "changeing" the computer, I am no longer able to play that game. I am completely lost.

Please contact support@grindinggear.com with this issue and we will help you with manually changing the email address.
"
shadowalkerr wrote:
Hello im having a problem where i am able to login fine on the PoE website login but after the steam transition everytime i login it gives an error saying, Login error : an unexpected problem has occured this happens when i go to link my original account from open beta to the new steam PoE. i really would not like to lose all of the unique items and rares i have on this account, the odd thing is that am here using the same login to write this but everytime i login from steam it gives me an error -.-', pls help i would really like to play again using my old account

You can still log in with the stand-alone Path of Exile client. Just use the email and password you were using before you linked your account with Steam.

"
knn123 wrote:
Hi all. After 4months i wanted to play POE again and started download but theres a problem i guess. It says "Checking resources..." for 1 hour or more :/ Is it normal ?

"
Same issue as above. says "checking resources" and never gets further then that.

It might be because the hard drive is badly fragmented and almost full. Please try defragging your hard drive (Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter).

"
WhitneyHusten wrote:
Hi Guys,

after the patch im gettin this error:

Error opening file: Metadata/Particles/bloodzombiedeath.pet

Im a steam-user and yesterday everything was fine but after the patch, its not that fine anymore :D
It crashes on the loading screen with the error-message above.
Im from germany and never had any issues with the game.
Hope u guys can help me out. Dont wanna lose my equipment. Just began the second run :(
Thanks in advance.

Please try verifying your game cache in Steam. (Right click Path of Exile in your Steam library and select Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache...)
"
chomezz wrote:
my stash says remove only in stash slots, it won't let me put items back in slots

These are likely stash tabs that were recently transferred from either the Domination League or the Nemesis League. Once you have removed all of your items from the "remove only" stash tabs, they should disappear.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. Unfortunately, it's been a while since this thread has been updated.

I recommend posting your own thread if you can't find the solution to your issue here, as it is more likely to be seen by people who can help. Also if you email us at support@grindinggear.com we can help you more directly.

If you're getting disconnected from the patching server, could you please try running the game as an administrator (right-click your shortcut and select "Run as Administrator"), as well as confirming that the PathOfExile.exe is on your exclusion list for both your Antivirus as well as your firewall? It may help to temporarily disable both of them to be sure.

Hopefully that helps, but if not please let us know.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Hi Lima50,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Could you please create a topic about it in this subforum, or email us at support@grindinggear.com so that we can help you more directly?

In it, could you let us know some details about your connection. Are you using wired or wireless? Does this issue persist when logging in to a different gateway? Have you recently updated your antivirus or firewall, and if so could they be interfering with Path of Exile's connection?

Thanks!
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info