Piety just destroyed all of my enthusiasm

"
Wisheez wrote:
so, as a summoner witch, I literally can't win the first fight in the crematorium, right?

I think you have to increase your minions lightning resistance somehow so that they can tank her.
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Wisheez wrote:
so, as a summoner witch, I literally can't win the first fight in the crematorium, right?

I think you have to increase your minions lightning resistance somehow so that they can tank her.

Or increase your own so you can keep pumping out skeletons and reduce damage you receive from her storms and lightning ball.

Best trick I found after my 5th death is to retreat, raise zombies, and rush her with them and skeletons.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Spoiler
I level up a poison arrow gem, pick up a bow, and let the chaos damage slowly eat her away basically. Few portals later and you're golden. Skeles are useless as her lightning attack pretty much kills them in one hit since it arcs to oblivion. Even with passives and Minion Life gems.
I do not know if the skills you are referring are new or just reskinned versions of existing ones; in either case, I would not abandon hope of having them for your own considering the following: one, ]G3 has, as I recall, stated on multiple occasions stated that new content and skills will continue to enter the environment; and two, the distinct look of Merveil's Cold Snap is available for purchase... so if Piety is using reskins, odds are we'll see those too.

On which note, again, if the store catalog does include alternate looks for the characters, I would welcome getting Piety's outfit (sans headgear) for the witch). G3 was generous enough to let Incgamers.com show it off for this article, along with two others that would be quite viable alternate looks for templars and duelists; I've included the relevant image below for convenience.

Spoiler

And yes, Elynole, that skill is just so useful. Especially if mated with something like Fork.
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
"
Firefly00 wrote:
I do not know if the skills you are referring are new or just reskinned versions of existing ones; in either case, I would not abandon hope of having them for your own considering the following: one, ]G3 has, as I recall, stated on multiple occasions stated that new content and skills will continue to enter the environment; and two, the distinct look of Merveil's Cold Snap is available for purchase... so if Piety is using reskins, odds are we'll see those too.

Those are totally different skills. I don't know any skills that function in the same pattern.
Her lightning ball for example - a thick projectile that travels through the whole screen and damages everything in it's path and near it. Mechanics wise it's like freezing pulse that would have a travel distance of a fireball, and would arc out at nearby targets as well.
Her lightning storm might be SIMILAR to firestorm, but then it functioned a little differently.
Spoiler
It took me awhile as a summoner to get past this and i blew quite a few portal scrolls. I summoned my skeleton's as best i could behind her, then spammed her with Ice Spear to the face when i could avoiding the lightening balls. I did get hit quite a bit, hence the portal scrolls when all my pots were empty. I am to stubborn to ask for help so i would guess the fight took me 25 minutes as a summoner, at the least. I retreated as best i could across the room to regen my energy shield, you need 6 seconds out of combat to regen it. All of this was on normal.

It was fun but had she not disappeared when she did it would have taken forever. The ranger didn't have near the issue, i just blew her up.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I just went balls to the walls as the other said. Ported once. But melee rauder build, so no help for you ;p But those voidbearers! WTF, what element are they tearing me a new a-hole with? :S
Spoiler
"
Wisheez wrote:

You can. I already did before.
Im playing absolutely solo as a witch summoner.
My first witch died there, in crematorium at level 30.
Then I learn from mistakes (didnt know I need lightning resis and I went with fire...), so this time I waited until level 34, more life, resis, and more minions level gem, and get spelltotem+skeletons also and she was easier than before. I need to came back a couple of times for more zombies with tps.

Currently at level 39 preparing for final boss of act3. Alone as a summoner ofc.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jan 30, 2013, 12:38:58 AM
Oak could 1v1 Piety np.
"
Wisheez wrote:

Spoiler
I was a bit overlevelled, and managed to keep boxing her in with skeletons.

If you retreat down the second stairs as soon as the fight starts, her ball lightning will keep you pinned down there and it will be nigh impossible to get in a good position from there. I had a several minute-long standoff with her from that position and got nowhere. If you fight her in the area with the pillars, there's room to dodge the ball lightning and circle around her to keep throwing skeletons in her face.

There's no avoiding her arc so you'll still need 75% lightning res. I managed to keep her pinned up against a wall while repeatedly spawning skeletons slightly faster than she could kill them (and I was using -20% cast speed gloves so it should be easier without). It was long and drawn out but not impossible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info