Resolute Technique is Bugged?

Hiya there. I took RERSOLUTE TECHNIQUE which makes my character sheet tell me I get 100% chance to hit!

GREAT!

However...

I'm still MISSING! Less on the heavy strikes, though still some - but LOTS of infernal blows are still missing and doing ZERO damage.

Is this a bug?

Please help me figure if I did the right thing for my 2h mace mara... Am I missing something (apart from the mobs)?
Last edited by Pathalogical on Jan 24, 2013, 7:43:46 PM
it could be a bug. some mobs might be able to block and some mobs might be able to dodge though so it also might not be a bug.

i have never noticed a miss and i dont use resolute technique so maybe you are using a slow weapon and the mob is moving out of your strike or something?

if they physically move out of the hit its not a miss its more like you are just swinging where there is no enemy.
IGN- Isiander
Last edited by myr on Jan 24, 2013, 7:46:08 PM
It's working for me, but sometimes i miss if i start out swinging when they just got to me. Prob just lag bc if they are on me for awhile "boss etc" i never miss
Hmmm, well thanks for the replies but I just click the mobs and my mara walks up to them and hits (or misses), sometimes 2 or even 3 times in a row!

Really disappointed to see this as I have a 100% HIT chance...
Resolute Technique has a 95% hit rate (everyone has 5% chance to evade as minimum).

Acrobatics passive however, circumvents this mechanic, which means if the enemies has Acro, they have a 20% hard dodge.

But this could be a server desync issue, I am not sure.
I need more purple titles
ALL IS WELL!

I relogged and now the only things that I miss are when they walk out of range...

The character sheet's 100% chance to hit is now correct in game too - NICE!
I am seeing this as well, starting at act2 cruel. It's almost as if my accuracy is starting to get calculated. I am even missing stationary totems!
"
Ocylix wrote:
Resolute Technique has a 95% hit rate (everyone has 5% chance to evade as minimum).

This is incorrect. Resolute technique bypasses the evade roll entirely, so its 100% chance to hit assuming the enemy has no dodge or block.

Restolute technique's 100% hit rate also requires that the enemy is in range, however, so desync is more than capable of making what looks like a hit into a miss, as during such desyncs the serverside monster hitbox is often nowhere near where youre swinging at the clientside monster model.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jan 25, 2013, 2:37:18 AM
I don't have resolute technique, but my infernal blow is almost always missing on fire resist monsters but rarely other times (i have 91% hit chance)

Maybe resists can still make elemental skills miss even if you have RS?
Last edited by Ardziv on Jan 25, 2013, 4:20:15 AM
"
Ardziv wrote:
I don't have resolute technique, but my infernal blow is almost always missing on fire resist monsters but rarely other times (i have 91% hit chance)

Maybe resists can still make elemental skills miss even if you have RS?

No.
As a side note: the hit chance (without RS) is calculated for an average enemy of your own lvl, so if enemies outlevel you and/or there are monsters with high dex (=high eva) they'll be missed more often.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jan 25, 2013, 4:40:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info