Help with Tank Build

I'm playing almost exclusively with my wire, who's a ranged dps witch. I wanted to build a decent tank. My thoughts were to go for block chance and life recovery. Take a look at this build for lvl 65. I think it would make a good tank, but there's nothing for damage at all. Any suggestions on how to make this a more effective tank build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQY5FCAZLhpVJ9Un7SkuMBkwdTIJNug9_FBHUFBVqVcNWGNeE18_YEtgiGEhYVJko2ebcD5yqXTtecB673y4fNmE74zPl7SazJtqns2fy6C0pzCsqqyvrLq53cOGxFjG2NIh1I_ZYeHa5FHnkeeu7tnvDvIv8wb2SPe--6o=

Thanks guys!
Just by taking a quick look I can see that your points are kind of all over the place. You do have some good places mapped out, don't get me wrong, but you say no damage, and I see you moving into damage nodes already.

This is the build that I put together talking and discussing with others.

This can also be found in my thread which talks about tanking in PoE, and what are the best and most viable options. Feel free to read through and see the progression the build has taken as the thread moves on.

Note that just because you don't take damage nodes in the passive tree, doesn't mean you can dish out some good amount of damage with good gear and the right kind of gem combinations.

I hope this helps you get an idea, and if you have any questions I am always checking up on my thread to see if anything new has happened.
Check out my How to Build The "Tankiest" Thread on http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/67244
That's interesting. Without Blood Magic, do you find any difficulty with mana at all? That's one thing I was worried about with that skill - low mana reserves vs. less tanking ability.
"
zerume wrote:

i guess i can change 1 savant point for Blood Magic?
i want this skill so badly :)

Changed it a little, combaining builds from "zerume" and "Hulio225" (that he posted in this thread). I don't whant to climb up on skill tree, so i traded some armor to life/life regen.

Also, can you edit your first post here, for your actual "build that I put together talking and discussing with others", i think that helps a lot for new guys.
Last edited by Rexawl on Jan 24, 2013, 8:08:09 PM
I was thinking of sacrificing that savant node too... Great minds think alike!

Also, I noticed all the Endurance Charge nodes taken... how exactly do you obtain endurance charges, and how do you use them?

EDIT: Actually, I've seen some ideas that using the Blood Magic support gems may be better than using the Blood Support passive, that way you can still use mana to reserve auras rather than health, or reserve health and use mana for skills.

This sounds like a good idea, but I doubt I'll find those support gems for a LONG time, so I'm thinking take the skill when I can, and use respec points to fix it later when I have the sufficient BM gems. What do you think?
Last edited by Agentfyre on Jan 24, 2013, 8:02:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info