OB Flicker Strike with 2 choices

This build is based around spamming flicker strike by using blood rage and one or two shotting enemies with Flicker Strike's high damage. I played with a similar build in CB and was able to two shot and sometimes one shot the bears with flicker strike but I hear the mobs in act 3 are much tougher so I want an opinion on which build is best and what can be improved.

The builds:
Mace

Axe

The mace build ends up having +93% armor and +129% life while the axe build has +94% armor and 125% life. Notice that both have no health regen as one issue I encountered with large life leach and big hits was I was hitting the life regen cap so both builds get vaal pact. I plan on getting vaal pact once I hit around 15% life leach (doable with a carnage heart unique)

On the offensive side the mace build has +249% physical damage after strength and +25% attack speed (with a 2-handed mace.) The axe build has +219% physical damage after strength and +32% attack speed ( with a 2-handed axe.) While this may make the mace build seem much better axes naturally have better damage than maces so the base dps with an Imperial Maul (highest dps mace) would be ~500.2 dps and the base dps for a Vaal Axe would be ~530.25 dps. I'm unsure how this scales with using flicker strike with gear but even with less damage from stats the axe wins out.

The skills I am using for this build are:
Flicker Strike + Life Leech + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks (+ Life Gain on Hit + Added Fire Damage when I get 5l or 6l items)
Sweep + Life Gain on Hit: This helps gain health against large amounts of enemies
Blood Rage
Warlord's Mark + Totem + Reduced Mana: More life leech and occasional endurance charges
Anger + Reduced Mana: I need some int from gear to level this up more but Carnage Heart should provide enough.

Again any advice or suggestions would be appreciated and if you are going to tell me that this build will never work at least explain why. I know this is an ambitious build but I have had a lot of fun with it and hope to make it even better.

Edit: I have scrapped this build because of the recent addition of chaos resistance and the resistance penalty in higher difficulties Blood Rage deals too much damage for this build to be viable.
Last edited by elementalshadow on Jan 30, 2013, 5:56:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info