"An unexpected disconnection occurred"

"
Angeldv wrote:
Go at the game folder and clear ShaderCache subfolder. I had the same problem, now haven't.

This actually did it for me after trying many things connection-related. I played for over two hours last night without a SINGLE disconnect! PoE was basically unplayable before that with drops occuring every 10-15. Desync continues but even that seemed to have reduced severity. I wonder why this works...
wrong
Last edited by inferenc on Apr 7, 2013, 1:22:50 PM
-removed-
Last edited by inferenc on Apr 7, 2013, 1:41:43 PM
Future of an online game lies in its connectibility.And so far, PoE dissappointed me about conection problems.from 8am to 8 pm, i couldn't connect even a single time.That's frustrating.
I've been getting occasional disconnects since I started playing this game but as of patch 0.10.4 it has become standard to get disconnected while changing areas (even getting back to town).

Not to mention, progressing through game is quite hard and frustrating when I'm afraid to go to town to sell acquired items.

Is there possibility that town portals survive logging off?
That would be useful backup in case of disconnect.
Same here guys, since last patch the game disconnects randomly, sometimes after 5 minutes, something after 2 seconds after login.

Tried Reinstall, PackCheck, Firewallconfiguration, Shadercache deleted all this stuff.

Cant really say this game makes fun anymore.

And the devs are leaving the people behind and playing stupid. Thanks...
try my thread here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342287

i am adding the shader cache idea

collection of used ports: (please note opening ports reduces security on those ports!)

TCP OUT ports 12995 & 80 (update server)
20481 (character screen)
Normal league: 45323; HC League: 40194

Europe - TCP 56373
America - TCP 45161
Singapore - TCP 53089

these ports are most likely not necessary:
game servers :(
32768 to 61000

Terraces - 47633
Mud Flats - 35262
Last edited by jerger on Apr 21, 2013, 10:56:58 PM
This has been happening like crazy since about a week ago.. it happened once before about a month or 2 ago then stopped happeneing.

But n ow i cant stay connected for more then 5-10 mins.

Rebooting router helps for a little while then it comes back..

its like my connection gets flooded and J ust gives out.

Ive done ping tests and speed tests and I know its not on my end.

Idk whas happening but I dont want to lose another high level character to this massive lag spikes ( upward of 1700ms then Disconnect..
same to me guys...
getting same "An unexpected disconnection occurred" error usually once or twice a day since latest patch, sometimes even more.
Last edited by Menacetech on Apr 24, 2013, 4:37:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info