So I just realized I got two Orbs of regret when I was level 2

"

How is gaming time fun when you lose all your progression from one mistake? If I liked that I would play hardcore mode. Forcing it down every player's throat in every league isn't a way to build a huge fan base.

Huh?
You don't lose all your progression from one mistake.
There are several quests in the game which give respec points that you can use to respec out of that one wrong keystone, and if worst comes to worst and you don't have enough respec points, you can always trade for Orbs of Regret instead.

As for why you can't respec the entire tree, there's two reasons for that - one being that the harder it is to completely respec a character the more you are emotionally invested in it, and the more of an 'identity' each character has. The second reason is that it enables people to use Orbs of Regret as a powerful currency item to trade with, and rewards those who plan their builds well enough that they don't need to use any.
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
VoxelSquid wrote:

It's not "investment," it's fun gaming time.

How is gaming time fun when you lose all your progression from one mistake? If I liked that I would play hardcore mode. Forcing it down every player's throat in every league isn't a way to build a huge fan base.

"
ManOfHonor wrote:

This is how the game is designed, and its format caters to a specific group of gamers. There are plenty of games that you can reset/respec at will; this is not one of them.

For many, the unforgiving nature of the game IS [sic] the incentive to play.

Catering to only a specific group is bad for business as you limit your audience. There's a point to having different leagues, including hardcore which is the format you play when you want one mistake to cost you many hours. Putting that into every single league (instead of death being the mistake, it's the skill tree build) limits your audience when they clearly have the options to make both happy.

Yes like I said, it brings back some memory and I like the idea, but meanwhile there's little chance I'd level up another character just because I fucked up this one(not possibly, did a lot of research), and it may become the reason why I stop playing.
The devs are awesome, I know it from the game. And I get the old school, I love it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info