So I just realized I got two Orbs of regret when I was level 2

.. and I used it because there's no way they were something valuable as I just started.
And later I wasted all my refund points just for 'trying out' the function
This is so sad :\
No it's not mission, I had two items in my inventory saying something passive points something
Was it only luck(or curse)? or am I mistaken
Last edited by Viaxl on Jan 24, 2013, 5:14:58 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to ask.

But, if you lost two orbs of regret, sorry about that; but that's how you learn. Make mistakes, learn, so you won't repeat them.

It is not the end of the world. If you ruin this character, make a new one and start over :)
"
Ashwin wrote:

But, if you lost two orbs of regret, sorry about that; but that's how you learn. Make mistakes, learn, so you won't repeat them.

It is not the end of the world. If you ruin this character, make a new one and start over :)

Dozens of hours of investment, one bad decision (rushing the wrong keystone, for example), repeat dozens of hours of investment? Not exactly incentive.
Last edited by Eleveneleven on Jan 24, 2013, 5:17:13 PM
That absolutely blows. Two orb of regrets can bring in something quite nifty in trade. Just be glad it wasn't two Mirror of Kalandra!

Remember this about the game: Although gear drops are level dependent, currency item drops starting level 1. You can theoretically get a Mirror of Kalandra at level 1.

Be careful next time, and save all currency items.

"
Eleveneleven wrote:

Dozens of hours of investment, one bad decision (rushing the wrong keystone, for example), repeat dozens of hours of investment? Not exactly incentive.

This is how the game is designed, and its format caters to a specific group of gamers. There are plenty of games that you can reset/respec at will; this is not one of them.

For many, the unforgiving nature of the game IS [sic] the incentive to play.
Last edited by ManOfHonor on Jan 24, 2013, 5:22:03 PM
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:

It's not "investment," it's fun gaming time.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
"
Ashwin wrote:

Not complaining, just wondering if there's something I'm missing here. This post would look pretty nonsense if not. :)
"
VoxelSquid wrote:

How is gaming time fun when you lose all your progression from one mistake? If I liked that I would play hardcore mode. Forcing it down every player's throat in every league isn't a way to build a huge fan base.

"
ManOfHonor wrote:

This is how the game is designed, and its format caters to a specific group of gamers. There are plenty of games that you can reset/respec at will; this is not one of them.

Catering to only a specific group is bad for business as you limit your audience. There's a point to having different leagues, including hardcore which is the format you play when you want one mistake to cost you many hours. Putting that into every single league (instead of death being the mistake, it's the skill tree build) limits your audience when they clearly have the options to make both happy.
Last edited by Eleveneleven on Jan 24, 2013, 5:26:09 PM
"
ManOfHonor wrote:
That absolutely blows. Two orb of regrets can bring in something quite nifty in trade. Just be glad it wasn't two Mirror of Kalandra!

Remember this about the game: Although gear drops are level dependent, currency item drops starting level 1. You can theoretically get a Mirror of Kalandra at level 1.

Be careful next time, and save all currency items.

"
Eleveneleven wrote:

Yea, imagine the moment I studied what I had done..

The unforgiving system brings back a lot of memory and fun! Though if let me choose, cheap reset please :D
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
VoxelSquid wrote:

How is gaming time fun when you lose all your progression from one mistake? If I liked that I would play hardcore mode. Forcing it down every player's throat in every league isn't a way to build a huge fan base.

"
ManOfHonor wrote:

Catering to only a specific group is bad for business as you limit your audience. There's a point to having different leagues, including hardcore which is the format you play when you want one mistake to cost you many hours.

I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I learn from my mistakes and do better than I did the last time I died. This is why I play HC. It's about the journey, not the destination.

Catering to a specific group can be a successful business strategy. This is why we have over 9000 channels on TV, each focusing on something very specific, like golf, or gardening.

Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
VoxelSquid wrote:

"
ManOfHonor wrote:

Catering to only a specific group is bad for business as you limit your audience. There's a point to having different leagues, including hardcore which is the format you play when you want one mistake to cost you many hours. Putting that into every single league (instead of death being the mistake, it's the skill tree build) limits your audience when they clearly have the options to make both happy.

Strange. Did Diablo 2 cater to a specific audience? No game will be everything to everyone at all times. You either like it or you don't. Every decision or indecision will limit the audience in some way.

If there is a way to make more people happy, please bring it up and maybe they can implement it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info