Spell Criticals..?

I have been watching many videos, and have seen in the passive skill trees of intelligence that there is critical strike rating, and as I do not have a beta key, I have no idea if they do or not. So, to those that have played: Do spells have a chance to get a critical hit in this game?
Just another player, waiting patiently for his chance at beta.

Also, I am interested in meeting exciting people to play with.

Need a friend? Feel free to message me for convos! YES Homo!
I think they do.

The wording on those skills is that it increases critical chance of "all damage you deal" or on a number of them at least.

I can't say for sure but it certainly seems like any damage source can crit.
Looking through the thread where members can post their items, one had a stat that said "+X% Increased critical chance on spells", so yes actually! Hope that answers it for ya sir.
Yes, spells have their own crit chance.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Thank you guys for informing me. <3
Just another player, waiting patiently for his chance at beta.

Also, I am interested in meeting exciting people to play with.

Need a friend? Feel free to message me for convos! YES Homo!
Not only do spells have crits, but spell crits also have different effects depending on the element used.

Cold damage crits freeze the enemy instead of chilling.

Lightning crits add a (stacking) debuff that makes the enemy take 20% more damage per stack (up to 5 stacks).

Fire crits (I think, not sure, since there aren't many fire skills yet) cause burning, which deals a fraction of the total fire damage over a few seconds.

My next toon is going to be a HC ice nova / ice spear templar, and I'm going to be stacking crit like it's going out of style in the hopes that frozen enemies won't be killing me.
IGN Domination: Blindsight_Marauder, Blindsight_MF
"
Blindsight wrote:
Not only do spells have crits, but spell crits also have different effects depending on the element used.

Lightning crits add a (stacking) debuff that makes the enemy take 20% more damage per stack (up to 5 stacks).

Fire crits (I think, not sure, since there aren't many fire skills yet) cause burning, which deals a fraction of the total fire damage over a few seconds.
Just to be clear, those effects have nothing to do with spells, they occur on all critical hits with elemental damage, whether from spells or weapon attacks.
"
Blindsight wrote:

My next toon is going to be a HC ice nova / ice spear templar, and I'm going to be stacking crit like it's going out of style in the hopes that frozen enemies won't be killing me.

Oh wow, this is all very interesting.

I think what has impressed me most about this game is how the spells all seem to have interesting mechanics going on, like the way lightning nova does the most damage at the outer limits of it's radius and ice spear goes straight through nearby enemies but bursts on distant ones.

It's certainly an improvement over say Diablo 2 where your sorceress had Firebolt and Fireball, or worse, Ice Bolt, Ice Blast and Glacial Spike.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Blindsight wrote:

Just to be clear, those effects have nothing to do with spells, they occur on all critical hits with elemental damage, whether from spells or weapon attacks.

*BUMP!* for knowledge! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Spell system looks sweet!<3
Chars : Brooke, TheSlowOne, ZapBranigan, RaWR, RaWRmao, RaWRville

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info