We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Been playing for a few weeks and so far i have given it a thumbs down on Steam. Still playing a bit though.

User Un-friendly game.

Pretty self-explanatory i think. It just takes a LONG time and a lot of reading to even start to understand some of the underlying mechanics in the game, such as the vendor system, the differences between prefix suffix and such. Terribly unfriendly to a new player and is bound to scare away loads of potential players (customers!)

Replayability

The game ruins its own replayability by forcing me to go through 4 acts 3 times before i even see what people refer to as end game. I'm used to playing a game FOR the end game, so not even reaching it after over 100 hours played is just outright depressing.
(I'm acually a bit insulted i dont get achivement for completing game b4 3rd time around)

Already the second time going through act 1 I instantly notice that many areas have zero randomness to them, such as Tidal Island, making the replay becomes that much more stale and bland quicker.

The quests are about as predictable as they are boring.

Minor annoyances

Bag space is too limited. I feel like advoiding the strongboxes simple cuz it takes me 5 minutes to peddle back and forth to town with the stuff that drops, just cause of the severely limited bag space.

There are simply WAY WAY WAY WAY too many unexplained things in the game.
Like, whats a mirrored item and why cant i change it? Whats the difference between "Vaal Ground Slam" "Ground Slam" and "Ground Slam (Corrupted)"
What does block threshhold mean?

Comparing gear upgrades as a caster is terribly hard. I have to check individual spell dps and then equip another item, switch gems and then recheck dps of spells. Very easy to check for a physical dmg character though.

4. Freedom equals chaos
Probably my biggest gripe about this game, is that the passive grid is extremely large and I constantly fear that I am building my character in a way that will inevitably cause it to suck.

The result of the above (4) is that i go and create a new character with a bit more knowledge in my backpack. But that cause me to completely stall up in act 1 just being bored cuz i have already gone thru Act 1 9 times without ever getting a character that i feel like "This is working!"

To summarize:
Too confusing for new players.
Too much redoing the same acts over and over.

Edit: Tried making a ranged character now. That made me quit. Constantly stopped movement due to the tiniest dmg taken minor aoe dmg taken. Anything at all causes the character to stutterstep, utterly ruining the game experience.
See you guys!
Last edited by Tides5 on Aug 4, 2016, 10:42:01 AM
"
Tides5 wrote:
and I constantly fear that I am building my character in a way that will inevitably cause it to suck.
You definitely do. Don't worry about it, everyone does it with their first character.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Hello,

well the game reminds me alot of Diablo or Diablo 2, so far so good. After playing some hours i must say that i find it so annoying that the maps reset after 10 or 15 minutes. Why? I really don't get it. Time is precious, just because i took some exit and finished something else should not mean that i basically have to start at zero on the map i left 10 minutes before. For me this feels like a punishment. Maybe there is a reason for this but i dont get it. This is my first impression, for me it is so annoying that at this point i don't know if i will ever finish the game. Also waypoints, atm i am at the Solaris temple, i have to find the barracks so that means i have to go all the way back to the warehouse district either walking or by waypoint and walk all the way back to the battlefront killing again and again the same mobs.

Passive skills, great and massive, items great, well everything else is great it's just the time consuming things i mentioned before that basically kill the game for me.

Cheers,

redsun

"
redsun100 wrote:
Also waypoints, atm i am at the Solaris temple, i have to find the barracks so that means i have to go all the way back to the warehouse district either walking or by waypoint and walk all the way back to the battlefront killing again and again the same mobs.

You don't, there's a waypoint in Battlefront. If an area has a waypoint you haven't discovered yet you will see a small dot inside, if it's discovered it will have a large dot. Waypoints are fairly well distributed, there isn't really too much slogging around to be done, besides that, you will usually have a lot of movement speed later on and using a Quicksilver early on is recommended.

Area decay is there to save server space as all the areas you open are stored serverside, it isn't really an issue once you get used to the game and play faster. Endgame maps stay opened as long as you're in the hideout so you can take your sweet time rummaging through the stash, chatting and whatnot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
redsun100 wrote:
Also waypoints, atm i am at the Solaris temple, i have to find the barracks so that means i have to go all the way back to the warehouse district either walking or by waypoint and walk all the way back to the battlefront killing again and again the same mobs.

You don't, there's a waypoint in Battlefront. If an area has a waypoint you haven't discovered yet you will see a small dot inside, if it's discovered it will have a large dot. Waypoints are fairly well distributed, there isn't really too much slogging around to be done, besides that, you will usually have a lot of movement speed later on and using a Quicksilver early on is recommended.

Area decay is there to save server space as all the areas you open are stored serverside, it isn't really an issue once you get used to the game and play faster. Endgame maps stay opened as long as you're in the hideout so you can take your sweet time rummaging through the stash, chatting and whatnot.

Thank you for clarifying this for me, not much is explained in the game! Maybe it's also different since i am playing the game alone.
I have 200 hours of gameplay but I have recently started playing again. So its my first time with the lab in softcore, and I will give feedback about it, I hope its ok to do it here. I have completed Normal difficulty lab and died 2 times in Cruel, even though I was lvl 60+ in the second try, but It was my mistake.

I love the design of the lab, having to get keys and open doors and chests, and evading traps, is all really fun for me. The izaro boss is also really fun, with all the different mechanics, it's a nice challenge. The treasure room with the chests, the points and the craft together, feels like an awesome reward, made me feel like it was worth my struggle.

I've also been reading the feedback from other poeple who don't like the trap mechanics, and this is very valid, and they seem to be a considerable portion of the player base, so I think addressing this issue is important.

That being said, for me, as someone who likes the traps, there is something else that bothers me a lot in the lab, and it is the difference in difficulty between the mobs / traps in the lab, and the Izaro fight. Izaro is too much more difficult compared to the rest of the lab. I go there overleveled, fly through all the mobs, fly though all the traps, with very inefficient exp and low level drops, making the run through the lab actually kind of boring, and when I fight Izaro, he is insanely difficult. I would like the mobs and traps in the lab to be almost as difficult as Izaro.
I logged in and I saw people wearing buckets on their heads teh feeek wat iz dis poolsheet GGG ? OpieOP
Dear GGG-Team,

when i played PoE for the very first time (Open Beta) I already knowed that i will play this game for a long time.

For me personaly, your biggest success is that
you've made and are making this game so great, that i don't purchase Supporter Packs because of the extra stash tabs or skins. I purchase it because i want to support you and I didn't regretted it for even one second.

Why???

Because there was a time when i was playing new games (expensive ones, too) just for a while because they bored me.
I already thought that I'm to old for games.
I think that it even made me a little bit sad :D

Then came PATH OF EXILE.... the best game i have ever played and i will play it for sure for years if you will keep that track.

Thank you Guys for saving my Childhood :D
Last edited by Radwan1989 on Aug 18, 2016, 5:27:12 PM
The game is the best I've played of its type, until you get to the part where the story ends.

Just a little more and you can have my bank manager's phone number.
MY ONE AND ONLY complain about this game is the VERY limited game-breaking inventory and storage space, I would even gather the 7 dragon balls and summon Shenron to get rid of this, seriously, infinite stash space and I would be GLUED to POE DAY AND NIGHT ! ONLY problem.
Last edited by SolbladeKnight on Aug 23, 2016, 9:42:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info