We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

I wanted to reiterate on the end result of wealth stratification. Of course the people at top tiers of game wealth will say anything to keep it just like it is. Why?

(I'm sure GGG is aware of this, but the general population needs to see this for themselves)

[Removed by Support]

Now, these same people are crafting the insane rares that sell for 100-300+ exalted orbs. Sometimes they go for 1-3 Mirror of Kalandra.

So they reach a threshold of wealth, invest 30-40 exalted orbs (which 99.8% of the gaming community isn't going to attempt, it's simply out of reach for most) of crafting orbs into a an item with a high ilvl, craft items that are highly coveted, sell the exalted orbs that they receive from those items for real cash.

This type of economy ruins a game.

The exact same thing happened in Diablo 2

IDK how to fix this problem, but going after the people selling these items for real cash is a good start.

Everyday people are grinding away at collecting enough crafting orbs just to get something decent, while the people hording and selling items become retailers of very expensive end game products.

People will pay cash for those exalted orbs just to obtain the very elite of the elite items that the very same people selling the exalted orbs are crafting.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Apr 24, 2016, 11:50:10 AM
"
Smear wrote:
I wanted to reiterate on the end result of wealth stratification. Of course the people at top tiers of game wealth will say anything to keep it just like it is. Why?

(I'm sure GGG is aware of this, but the general population needs to see this for themselves)

[Removed by Support]

Now, these same people are crafting the insane rares that sell for 100-300+ exalted orbs. Sometimes they go for 1-3 Mirror of Kalandra.

So they reach a threshold of wealth, invest 30-40 exalted orbs (which 99.8% of the gaming community isn't going to attempt, it's simply out of reach for most) of crafting orbs into a an item with a high ilvl, craft items that are highly coveted, sell the exalted orbs that they receive from those items for real cash.

This type of economy ruins a game.

The exact same thing happened in Diablo 2

IDK how to fix this problem, but going after the people selling these items for real cash is a good start.

Everyday people are grinding away at collecting enough crafting orbs just to get something decent, while the people hording and selling items become retailers of very expensive end game products.

People will pay cash for those exalted orbs just to obtain the very elite of the elite items that the very same people selling the exalted orbs are crafting.

You guys can remove the truth, but you can't hide it.

It's this kind of crap (removing the truth) that discusses me about companies in general. Instead of exposing what's wrong and correcting it with transparency, they cover it up, sweep it under the rug, then blame the people attempting to shed some light on the matter.

Mediocrity at it's finest. Next thing, I'll probably be banned for some ridiculous reason. For shining the light on what is obviously wrong.

Hello everyone, I would like to express my opinion about " mazzes" and labirinth.

I would first like to apologize for my English.

Well, I'm not casual poE player and I have been playing poE since the release at OpenBeta (Jan / 2013) and I am very suportter of the game.

That said, I would like to talk about the Labirinth theme: its so annoying and unbalanced (and according to reddit ther are so many others players on community that share this same opinon). Another issue is the game style that you guys (GGG) are trying to install with the Labyrinth.
The idea of ​​interactive scenario is good but runs out the essence of PoE that is basically about items and loot, and makes better game since Diablo 2 on this scenario. However, what makes me more angry as a player 100% Hardcore is the lack of empathy with the Hardcore player in the maze. You see, an experienced player in the HC always tries to stay alive (with damage mitigation calculations, defensive skills, Gears geared to always keep with the best HP / ES / RES and always plays with a calculated risk and always there are a TP to be used. When we play in the maze, you first stay in a place where the risk of deaths is always imminent as any trap kills and disproportionate damage (even a lv 100 char can Rip even at normal labyrinth), is it fair for ur?! I will comment quickly about the “trials” which by the way are excessive and tedious in the three difficulties and totally unnecessary, but I think you guys already know this opinion.
When u ask any HC player , you can easily understand that the Labyrinth is completely optional. And the main to deal with this labyrinth is to pick up the points of Ascension, which have become essential due to the large "Nerfs" in skills and items that you guys (GGG) have made along the lasts pacths to try to balance the game.
Then, in a critical analysis of the labyrinth, I believe:
- Has been tested quite a few times before the launch in HC mode (tested I mean covered and do not use motion controller by adms playing in Hardcore mode, so I wonder, is there anyone of you guys playing in HC and make labyrinth );
- Energy Shield build base is totally ineffective in practice Labyrinth (has been said to be rebalanced);
- The ascendancy classes are extremamete OPS and mandatory for any respectable build that want to achieve high level;
- The absence of TP at labyrinth makes extremely difficult in the maze and often forcing the player to change the way you “can play” (and was told by guys that this was the objective) but this change without consulting the gaming community may seem a somewhat mandatory or dictatorial form of maneger a game,
- The Streamers who had access to the maze so before the official release had a big advantage because they already know this unbalance and change the style of play,

Thinking of a way to solve the problem, I propose a few suggestions:
1- Keep the Labyrinth as an auxiliary or complementary form of PoE (and not a plan for new and bigger changes and preserve the very essence of PoE - which in my opinion would be the challenge with boss fight and to find new and better items.
2- Who said escape from traps could be a nice ideia?! This is not PoE and I can find a list at steam about this kind of game and its no PoE!!
3- The ascendancy classes could be delivered as whem you kill a certain boss, for example a future final boss at a newe Act (V or any new area)
4- For those who enjoy the maze there are enouth reward with OP crafts items and chests

Finally, I would like to congratulate the excellent game but unfortunately thre was a big disappointment with the arrival of LABYRINTH. I would also likei fu guys could listen more to the HC players mode has to say before major changes in the POE or challenge the current developers to play more in hardcore mode.

Thank you and I will be even more grateful if this message reach the eyes of some adm GGG.
Rip count:∞ = HC player way of life.
Personally, I am really enjoying ascendancy. The puzzles, div cards, being able to die in normal, so cool. A lot of thought went in to this and I am having a blast when I can find time to play. Keep it up. At least this is my two cents.
% remaining bar

Dear Team,

Thanks for a fantastic free game, I love it!!

My suggestion is a bar / graph that shows you how much (as a percentage) of the area of any level a character has completed.

This would be useful if you came upon a way-point or have a full inventory, you can instantly see how far you have to go, whether it's worthwhile to use a portal scroll to sell / empty the inventory.

You could also see what bits a player has missed out, in more complicated layouts.

This could also add a real excitement to the game when counting down what's left to uncover / expose.

Thanks again for a marvelous game

A Happy Player xoxox
"
Crooked_Line wrote:
% remaining bar

Dear Team,

Thanks for a fantastic free game, I love it!!

My suggestion is a bar / graph that shows you how much (as a percentage) of the area of any level a character has completed.

This would be useful if you came upon a way-point or have a full inventory, you can instantly see how far you have to go, whether it's worthwhile to use a portal scroll to sell / empty the inventory.

You could also see what bits a player has missed out, in more complicated layouts.

This could also add a real excitement to the game when counting down what's left to uncover / expose.

Thanks again for a marvelous game

A Happy Player xoxox

The command "/remaining" (no quotes) should give you what you want. It returns the number of monsters you have yet to kill.

That said, your idea of integrating such information into the GUI is a solid one. I like it!
Wash your hands, Exile!
Hey Guys, installing the game on a new computer again. It would be really REALLY nice if you would update your download pretty please? 7GB of updates is more than just a little unreasonable.

Still love the game and will let this sucker run all night, but seriously, update your download exe. Soon!
"
BloodWynne wrote:
Hey Guys, installing the game on a new computer again. It would be really REALLY nice if you would update your download pretty please? 7GB of updates is more than just a little unreasonable.

Still love the game and will let this sucker run all night, but seriously, update your download exe. Soon!

Use torrent file found in this thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667975

4.7 go in zip file, unzipped in folder game. The game will be updated with less than 200 MB.
Please fix the Singaporean because I got disconnected when I was in a middle of a quest.
Not really a first impression, since we already know this. But I'd like to re-iterate how amazing GGG support is.

They take the time to answer to trivial requests and fulfill them, even in these very busy days after content patch release.

Thumbs up for GGG support staff!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info