Initiate mass bannings

Start immediately permabanning all spammers in global chat.
That was ridiculous
Give em some time the game just launched.
"
Yogabba wrote:
Give em some time the game just launched.

No. Intentionally disrupting the game.
Or better yet, GGG can add some sort of anti-spam chat throttling on the server to prevent it in the future. If you send too many chat messages over an interval of time, you are auto-muted for some set amount of time. I'm sure that'll be on their todo list.
"
drew_benton wrote:
If you send too many chat messages over an interval of time, you are auto-banned for some set amount of time.

Fixed
"
Xendran wrote:
"
drew_benton wrote:
If you send too many chat messages over an interval of time, you are auto-banned for some set amount of time.

Fixed

So if I go to the bathroom and a roommate jumps on my computer and mashes a line 10 times I'd be auto-banned? Yeah, not going to happen. Deal with it. Auto-mute is all that's needed.

Last edited by Eleveneleven on Jan 24, 2013, 5:00:38 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
"
drew_benton wrote:

Fixed

This is actually being worked on.

For now, please /ignore and report spammers.
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
"
drew_benton wrote:

Fixed

So if I go to the bathroom and a roommate jumps on my computer and mashes a line 10 times I'd be auto-banned? Yeah, not going to happen. Deal with it.

This is exactly why you'd be automatically muted.
And if it were to happen repeatedly (because the 'roommate jumps on my computer' thing is bullshit 99% of the time), it would escalate to longer mutes and possibly bans.
"
pneuma wrote:

This is exactly why you'd be automatically muted.
And if it were to happen repeatedly (because the 'roommate jumps on my computer' thing is bullshit 99% of the time), it would escalate to longer mutes and possibly bans.

Exactly. Through lots of reporting and a history, that's when a ban would make sense. But the other guy had a completely moronic idea of just auto-banning from some spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info