Nerfs and respecs

Are there respecs available in major patches where passives, skills, or gear get major changes? The player can't read the future of GGG's choices to change things and since there's no respec option in the game you're at the whim of GGG's choices and the only option is to start over every time they change your build dramatically (unless your passive setup happens to complement a different gear/skill build just fine).
every major skill change = skill tree wipe. At leat thats how it was in CB
"
species258 wrote:

By skills you mean gems right? Does that include major changes to passives or gear? Just like in D2, there are tree builds that are based around the skills you use (in this case: the gems you use) and/or the gear you use (stats and unique passives on the gear).
Yes, but now that we are in open beta and there will be no more wipes, GGG is going to be a lot less likely to make significant changes to the passive tree.

edit:
There will be no more wipes of items and gear (that's part of the no wipe promise)
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
Last edited by VoxelSquid on Jan 24, 2013, 4:49:48 PM
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
species258 wrote:

By skills you mean gems right? Does that include major changes to passives or gear? Just like in D2, there are tree builds that are based around the skills you use (in this case: the gems you use) and/or the gear you use (stats and unique passives on the gear).

Passive Skill Tree, not gems.
if they modify the passive tree more than just a tiny bit, they will reset your passives, allowing you to choose them again, a total respect so to speak...but closed beta pretty much already worked out the bugs pretty much....probably won't need a full respect, unless you are not wise in your choices. This is an easy game to skill out, imo. You have to really try to screw it up. If you choose a keystone, and it's a mistake, you should have at least 1 respect point to reverse it, if you don't, then you shouldn't have picked it.
i dont mean gems. I mean skill tree
"
species258 wrote:

So then what if they change gems or gear? Skill tree builds can be entirely based around a specific setup of gear and/or gems.
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
species258 wrote:

So then what if they change gems or gear? Skill tree builds can be entirely based around a specific setup of gear and/or gems.

your build should be able to move if they decide that a certain combo is too OP, they have said they like having OP combos for players to find but don't be surprised if they nerf it in time. for the most part they haven't nerfed anything into the ground so you should be good, as for gear i don't know why they could decide to change it but your build should still work
"
Eleveneleven wrote:
"
species258 wrote:

As part of the "no more wipes" promise, items (including gems) will never be wiped, or changed enough to make a wipe neccessary. Part of the reason why there were huge changes with the open beta patch was that it was the last chance for GGG to make major balance changes. The idea is that balance should be pretty much complete at this point, so that no wipes will be necessary in the future.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info