Tempest Shield + Cybil's Paw - Spelldmg increase from block chance not applied

No, since Reashu used base damage of the spell, his math is correct. The spell should go up by 7-10 damage.

More would be the value of spell after all increased modifiers.
"
tramshed wrote:
The damage from tempest shield isnt spell damage.

Wrong. Too much misinformation being spread on this forum.

IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Feb 20, 2014, 2:38:15 PM
I was thinking about this problem again.

Could it be the tooltip is showing the damage TS will deal accounting for the block it will give you?

So basically TS tooltip would show the damage as if you had 75 block even when ts is off.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Tempest Shield is definitely affected by the spell damage bonus.
The most likely explanation is that because of the large increased damage bonus from Iron Will applying to Tempest Shield, and it's relatively low base damage compared to something like Molten Shell, the effect of adding another 6% increased damage isn't enough to raise the actual final damage by a full point, and thus no change can be shown.

I did some testing and have to conclude that's not the case (note that TS is lvl20 by now);

With a non-quality Iron Will the damage tooltip displays: 450-673 Lightning Damage,
with a 20% quality Iron Will the damage tooltip displays: 472-706 Lightning Damage.

The 15% increased Spell Damage bonus from the quality gives 22-33 extra damage, so the 6% increased Spell Damage bonus from the extra block chance should give 8-13 extra damage on Tempest Shield. Exact numbers may vary due to rounding them down, but it should definitely be visible in the tooltip damage.

"
Gravethought wrote:
I was thinking about this problem again.

Could it be the tooltip is showing the damage TS will deal accounting for the block it will give you?

So basically TS tooltip would show the damage as if you had 75 block even when ts is off.

Could be, but my other spells (Molten Shell and Incinerate) immediately display in their tooltip the extra damage from the extra block chance after activating Tempest Shield, only the damage from TS itself stays unchanged according to the tooltip.

To me, it looks like after the block chance is changed, all equipped spells have their damage re-calculated, except TS itself.
^
^
^
^
^
^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info