Download Speed Problems

To whoever posted the torrent to the open beta client, I deeply thank you.

Also, can one of the staff please confirm that this won't be labeled as a hack once I get into the game. If I'm being an idiot for asking, feel free to tell me that. It's just that this isn't the first time I'm downloading a client for an F2P game over the net. I got banned for hacking the MOMENT I logged in.

So yeah, just checking

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills,
One man gathers what another man spills.
-The Grateful Dead, St. Stephen, 1969

"
Nix33 wrote:
To whoever posted the torrent to the open beta client, I deeply thank you.

Also, can one of the staff please confirm that this won't be labeled as a hack once I get into the game. If I'm being an idiot for asking, feel free to tell me that. It's just that this isn't the first time I'm downloading a client for an F2P game over the net. I got banned for hacking the MOMENT I logged in.

So yeah, just checking

Well, that torrent was first mentioned over in this thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/71477
And there's a official response there regarding torrents.

The torrent itself is not official
ING @MakeWayNoobs
Last edited by draied on Jan 24, 2013, 3:42:01 PM
Guys - quit with the moaning!

It's a FREE game from an Indie developer. Everyone has the same problem, just you know, wait a bit and you'll be able to play it.

As a close beta tester, it's annoying I haven't been able to play for 2 nights as the new patch is still downloading....

Remember D3? That was just **** for the first week and that's with all Blizzard's massive experience and bankrolling lots of infrastructure..

I wouldn't exactly say we're moaning. We are indeed looking for a solution.
Having the same problem. Dling <20kB/s average.. My brother's speed is 1,5MB.. (Mine sometimes hops up to about 17 trillion (17*10^12) GB/s for half a second or so though.. ;)) Can't seem to get any speed on the torrent either :s
I also have this problem. I took 12 hours to download 80% then said that an error ocurred.
I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, and my provider is Telecom. Anyway to increase download speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info