My First Build - 2H (mace?) Marauder

Hi Guys

I've been lurking on these forums for some time. I only joined the closed beta in the last days, and don't have alot of experience with POE.

I am currently leveling my first basic char, a Marauder. Please give me some feedback on my planned build.

My build:

My plan has so far been:

1. Stack 2h/melee dmg on the first 5 nodes ending with butchery
2. Go straight for Diamond Skin (where I am now)

3. Go for Resolute Technique
4. Stack life/regen nodes
5. Specialize in Mace (smashing Blows)
6. Take Blood Magic
7. Take Beserking and Amour Master

I dunno if I will have enough life for bloodmagic, or if it will be necessary when I get there (dunno how mana hungry my marauder is going to be)?

Atm I use Ground slam/Heavy Strike/Decoy Totem

Any suggestions are really welcome! - The build has seemed strong and fun so far.
Kinda classy build, I'm planning on almost the same thing. This is what mine should look like around lvl 5* (62 points, not gonna take bandits point but I heard a3 had, and a1 too).

If anybody has improvements or ideas for after, just comment, I'd love it :3
Last edited by andanaelle on Jan 24, 2013, 9:45:37 AM
Papysadik: I really like that you chose Arcane Effeciency, didn't realise that it worked with BM, but it does!

On the other hand, is elemental adaptation really that good? It only allows you to get 5% more resistance so 80%, and that is only if you have the gear?

You do get on the other hand 30 resist from the 2x diamondskin passives.
Both builds are feasible.
@Bravo
don't be afraid. I'm usually forcing to BM as fast as i can, because with life gain on hit you will easly refund skill costs. Combined with health regen grants you awesome defense. For what i may suggest is going for Templar health nodes or Iron grip health nodes.
About Elemental Adaptation - strongly yes, but by 70lvl

@papysaid
Duelist health nodes worth MUCH more that IR.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
@Ninja_and_what_follows
I don't need evasion anyway, 'cause I take the no evade passive. But I'll take the nodes after, or even maybe before, anyway. At higher lvls, I may go for Iron Grip (to enhance Lightning Strike if I play with it), so I'll take nodes over there too, as well as the +6% all resist on the way.

@Bravo
Yes it does ! That's why I took it ;) It's really cool. And 5% more is still something, you get closer to immunity, and that's not worthless when you see the damages at high levels. I'll use the unique Tricorne to avoid beeing shocked, so I'll take less, but still !
If you spec into Resolute Technique, does that make accuracy as well as critical strikes worthless?

With Blood Magic, does any type of mana regen or mana leech give back health or do you just run full life regen and health pots?
@Albane
Yeah, accuracy and crit are useless, 'cause you can't miss, and can't crit... Don't put points in critical damages nodes :p
And no, you have to go for full health regen. Mana regen does nothing, as well as mana leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info