☥ Lilith, Hellspawn of Vaal ☥(mini guide atm.)

"...and as the glimpse of Lilith melted all that was left of sanity, the crimson stars fell, and the soul of Vaal raise from the depths to devour what was left of mankind."
- Chronicles of The Besieged Seven Suns

Comments on the character itself
Lilith was/is my first attempt to use Viper Strike as my main skill on a character. The character might not seem optimized in the perspective of everyone since there haven't been many Viper Strike builds around. This character is at the moment being tested/played in the league of Nemesis by me.

Play-style
I wanted to try a different approach on a character, a play-style that I felt Viper Strike & Firetraps supported. A different play-style than anything I've tried so far in PoE. A play-style of a Rogue. A character able to stack poison on the enemies he/she approach and at the same time being able to kite and throw traps depending on the situation.

Purpose of the build
To utilize an unpopular skill (Viper Strike) in combination with a very unused damage type (Chaos) and the newest character class (Scion) for the purpose of trying something new and exciting.

Theme
A spawn from hell. In other words, a hybrid between a warlock and a death knight. I wanted to combine the evil forms of damage types in game (Chaos & Fire). - Why do I call them the evil ones compared to Ice and Lightning? Because neither a frozen or a shocked enemy posses the opportunity to watch your glory on the field as they rot and burn in front of you.... I therefor wanted to abuse these two damage types' DoT-forms and watch the enemies decay and burn until nothing was left of them on the battlefield but the smell of their remains turned to ash by my will. This of'course meant that I had to combine both Viper Strike (for the decay theme) and Fire Trap (to release the flames of hell) upon my enemies. Which is what this build is about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strong Points of the character
☆ No unique item requirements
▸ Comment: No unique item requirements hopefully result in a high amount of increased bonus life from items. Due to the fact that all equipped items may be rare and contribute to the character with a high amount of bonus life from either +flat life or bonus strength. No unique item requirements also means that many different item possibilities is possible depending on the players budgets. An example (from my experience & knowledge of the game):

The 8 Chaos Solution
Spoiler
Personally I bought this for 4 chaos orbs:

and one of these flasks for 3 chaos orbs:

Personally I feel the potion becomes mandatory on melee characters using the Keystone Mind Over Matter.
This leaves the player with an remaining Chaos Orb in order to gain one or two items from the trade channel of choice. I would advice a Unique Battered Cap (Goldrim) for some resist.

The 1 Exalt Solution
Spoiler
The owner of an exalt should be able to get a Two Handed Weapon (5 Linked) which both consist +2 to levels of Melee Gems in this Item and +1 To all Gems in this item.
- Providing the player with a huge amount of bonus DPS from Viper Strike.

I would personally use the remaining Chaos Orbs to buy myself a Unique Vanished Coat (Carcass Jack) and a 15%+ Melee Splash Support Gem.

The Nerds Solution
Spoiler
6 Linked Two Handed Weapon of his/her choice with:
Physical% bonus
Flat physical
Attack speed%
+1 to level of gems
+2 to level of melee gems
+X Strength

Kaom's Heart Unique Glorious Armor

6L Searing Touch weapon switch for powerful Fire Traps

And of'course whatever uniques/rares he or she may see fit.

☆ A high amount of combined sustain
▸ Sources: 5,7% Life Regeneration, Eldritch Battery & Mind Over Matter.
▸ Comment: 6 Life Regeneration nodes resulting in 5,7% life regeneration combined with Eldritch Battery & Mind Over Matter Keystones (Supported by +80% Mana, 44% Energy Shield & 120% Mana Regeneration.)

Minor Difficulties of the character
☆ Monsters and/or creatures with the following affixes: Life Regeneration, Allies have life regeneration and/or the Chaos Resist affix.
▸ Comment: Due to the fact that Chaos Damage doesn't have any curse and/or skill that allows a player to penetrate x% of an enemy's chaos resist will sometimes late-game result in a skipped boss fight enhanced by some of the earlier introduced affixes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gem Links (8 chaos to 1 Exalt Budget)
- Weapon (5 Linked)
Spoiler
1: Viper
2: Melee Splash
3: Concentrated Effect
4: Life on Hit
5: Multistrike

- Armor (5 Linked)
Spoiler
1. Fire Trap
2. Increased Burning Damage
3. Concentrated Effect
4. Multiple Traps
5. Fire Penetration

- Boots (4 Linked)
Spoiler

1. Cast when damage taken
2. Devouring Totem
3. Molten Shield
4. Enduring Cry

- Gloves (4 Linked)
Spoiler
1: Grace
2: Clarity/Discipline
3: Vulnerability
4: Reduced Mana

- Helm (4 Linked)
Spoiler
1: Enhance/Multistrike
2: Faster Attacks
3: Cyclone
4: Life on Hit

Gem Links (The Nerd Budget)
- Weapon (6 Linked)
Spoiler
1: Viper
2: Melee Splash
3: Concentrated Effect
4: Empower
5: Multistrike
6: More Physical Damage

- Searing Touch (weapon swap (6 Linked))
Spoiler
1. Fire Trap
2. Increased Burning Damage
3. Concentrated Effect
4. Multiple Traps
5. Fire Penetration
6. Increased Area of Effect/ Enhance

- Boots (4 Linked)
Spoiler

1. Cast when damage taken
2. Devouring Totem
3. Molten Shield
4. Enduring Cry

- Gloves (4 Linked)
Spoiler
1: Grace
2: Discipline
3: Vulnerability
4: Reduced Mana

- Helm (4 Linked)
Spoiler
1: Multistrike
2: Faster Attacks
3: Cyclone
4: Added Chaos Damage

The Passive Tree I'm using atm:
Level 82 version
Which provides us with the following:
Spoiler
Stats
Spoiler
140 to Strength
170 to Dexterity
160 to Intelligence
+120 to maximum Mana
+152 to maximum Life

Sustain
Spoiler
+5.7% of Life Regenerated per Second
+44% Energy Shield
+80% increased maximum Mana
+120% increased Mana Regeneration Rate

Defense
Spoiler
+190% increased maximum Life
+92% increased Armour
+40% increased Evasion
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
+19% to Chaos Resistance
+6% increased Movement Speed
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour

Offense
Spoiler
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
+48% increased Melee Physical Damage
+58% increased Attack Speed
+340 Accuracy Rating

Trap Damage
Spoiler
8% increased Trap Throwing Speed
81% increased Damage over Time
27% increased Trap Damage

Viper Strike
Spoiler
41% increased Chaos Damage
81% increased Damage over Time

Keystones
Spoiler
Eldritch Battery
Elemental Equilibrium
Iron Reflexes
Mind Over Matter

Last edited by LePenseur on Dec 25, 2013, 7:27:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info