Will the game stay Free to Play?

I must admit guys, this game went beyond my expectations and I think I speak on behalf of many fellow exiles...

It is very well designed, the transition from CB to OP went more than smoothly (compared to other competitive titles...*cough* bli$$ard *cough*) and many many more points that I am sure we all are aware and obviously, very happy about, so I won't mention them..

The think I want to ask is if the "Free to Play" business model is set to stone or GGG plans change it at the time of actual release...

Anyhow, a great "thank you" to all the guys @ GGG for a job well done!
The promise is that all future content with be free. All of it.

Everything 'paid' for will be cosmetic and ethical, in GGG's words.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
However the game is free to play, I will keep paying for everything I can afford to support.
Thanks for the reply Charan!
Hope they won't break any promises!!!

And by the way, I feel a better person just knowing that we are in the same gaming community!! Great thing that Kiwi Support Project you started!

See you in-game! :)
:) !

I'll probably pick something that doesn't cost me $10,000 when I hit 10,000 posts though! ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I would love to support the game but what is in the shop right now is not too enticing.
"
I would love to support the game but what is in the shop right now is not too enticing.

A lot of people who bought support packages bought them only to support the free bits of the game, not because they actually wanted anything from the store, so there's another way of looking at it ;)

Also, other stuff is coming, so you might find something of interest them.
More gore seems to be a popular choice :)
It would be so cool if this was the first MMO in history to go from F2P to a monthly subscription....this is certainly one fab game that could get away with doing that! :)
I'm very curious as to how much money / Micro transactions were processed during the first 24 hours of Open Beta. This game is just brilliant, right from the F2P model they have in place down the core of the very game.

AWESOME work on the OB release, GGG! I was able to play the very first day, it surprised the hell out of me! You guys have my support right through to the end of Wraeclast!
Last edited by DarthNorris on Jan 24, 2013, 8:18:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info