70k DPS | McPillar 1.0.4 - Righteous Fire Build [with VIDEO]

"
CardGames wrote:
When does he use freeze mine and when does he use cyclone?

If you watch the videos you will notice freeze mine is to make the dom fight/other fights easier. (Can freeze dom off totems/minions in Phase 1 to make the kill super clean).

Cyclone is used to apply equilibrium when fighting mobs (combined with ele damage on gear other than fire). I'd imagine the reasoning is you don't really ever have to stop moving this way.

"
Farbod wrote:
Love this build. So fun. Looked at other RF builds and I think this is the best. Using Divinarius for the increased radius. Had to pony up for Alpha's because couldnt stop the degen without lvl 20 vitality and purity. Will get rid of it once both hit lvl 20.

My Gear

could u explain to me how u're using divinarius? If u cast RF with redbeaks on and then switch to divinarius it doesnt increase RF's radius afaik.
How do you reach 50-70k dps?!
I calculated RF DPS with yours equipment and passive and it's around 23k.
Last edited by pacatino on Jan 27, 2014, 5:19:38 PM
hi ... i'm reading a lot about rf... and dunno if burn and fire dmg from passive are usefull for rf, some plp said its only on hit that we get those bennefits, is that true? increase brun dmg and fire dmg from passive have no use for rf?

sry my bad english btw. =p
"
Amongalen wrote:
"
Farbod wrote:
Love this build. So fun. Looked at other RF builds and I think this is the best. Using Divinarius for the increased radius. Had to pony up for Alpha's because couldnt stop the degen without lvl 20 vitality and purity. Will get rid of it once both hit lvl 20.

My Gear

could u explain to me how u're using divinarius? If u cast RF with redbeaks on and then switch to divinarius it doesnt increase RF's radius afaik.

Yeah I realized that later... Wasnt thinking for some reason...
"
pnsmansp wrote:
hi ... i'm reading a lot about rf... and dunno if burn and fire dmg from passive are usefull for rf, some plp said its only on hit that we get those bennefits, is that true? increase brun dmg and fire dmg from passive have no use for rf?

sry my bad english btw. =p

quote from wiki:
"
Passives: The burning effect that damages both the player and enemies is not affected by x% increased Spell Damage. As of Patch 1.0.2 x% increased Burning Damage and x% increased Fire Damage no longer increases the self-inflicted damage, but does increase damage to monsters.

There was info in patch notes as well
Switched my Gear up a bit. Its a shame Item Rarity doesnt work with RF or I would bother to 5L my carcass jack.

My Gear

Want to run
with this character but dont think its a good idea.
Last edited by Farbod on Jan 28, 2014, 1:01:29 PM
Hi,

I currently managed to start that build, I am lvl 66 as of now.

It is ridiculously funny, I'm basically running around and stuff dies.

I have the problem that my health still degenerates even when no damage is incoming. that makes it quite difficult to actually do.
I currently have 3,7k life, I have yet to manage to get a belly of the beast, because I am lacking currency, so I run with a carcass jack for the moment.
other than that my resistances are capped (88/77/77) (they are actually way overcapped, it is funny how difficult it is to get decent gear WITHOUT resistances...^^), and I have both a lvl 17 purity and vitality.

I also have yet to manage how to properly set myself up before I start doing anything, with the item switches, but there is still time to learn, a buddy of mine will explain it to me who is playing this spec for some time longer.
however, I don't think that is my problem at the moment.

I can run docks without any problems, even the dogs are no problem, at least with ruby flasks.

but how am I supposed to run this build when my health is STILL degenerating (slowly, like 20/s or so) even when I'm idling with no mobs hitting me? Docks is working fine, but as soon as I try to go ebony barracks, the battle mages ass rape me with their arc spam, also the melee hits are quite hard.

my reduced mana is only lvl 16, so I can't run grace yet - this only works with a reduced mana lvl 20, and this still takes some time until I have it leveled.

I can live with dock runs for a while I guess, but at some point I'd like to start maps at least, and at some further point, progress in the story. and with already ebony barracks killing my ass off this will be pretty tough, if not impossible.

I basically only have some burning-damage nodes left and some %health nodes, every %life reg nodes are already taken, and while increasing my healthpool does increase the life regeneration (and damage, obviously), it also does increase the damage TAKEN from RF, so I currently fail to see how I can improve this whole situation.

so the question is: what am I doing wrong? where can I improve
(other than the gear) my build currently looks like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3cT2PC1M_69sxYrwH6IAFE0EswJxxq63PkGH-ehodNpilKCCxyj66-64k6cIna6PRtDQz2VVxtgkNsU22O-FiBvsVR8CBAeXlVJTPV_-CudjiPGsWTWStfJuqkrIPycqTRUgLOndDVuvTioppfzFGNutSgxfzSZ08SFgQKAFLWBLeu907cRYJ9U=

my gear is currently this:
Spoiler

flasks:
Spoiler

I know the health flask is not the best, but in the guide there is none at all in the first place, but I would die without that one.

I also know I still have a lot of open gem slots, but would there be something that would improve my survivability? or my life reg? or, possible, both?

As said, I don't want to be stuck forever in docks... aka, every help appreciated.
Last edited by xebtria on Jan 28, 2014, 1:39:41 PM
@up
Sovereignty! That helps a lot, some hp regen + mana cost reduction which lets u run grace much faster, and +1% fire res when u hit 20lvl Purity. If u still degen, even when u get sovereignty, try getting any other armor, u got ~400es atm, thats why u degen.

Thats what I got atm:
skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEBwSzBS0MXxJpFE0VIBccFy8Y2xkuHRQfAiFgJLAn1SftKPoppSpNLOk1kjbFNtg8BTwtPV8_J0CgQYdKfUrITP9OKlBQUlNUSVhjW69fP2BLZ6BodG6qcXl07XTxeu-ApILHgziG0Yd2iBuI8YzPj0aUoJeVmK2drp_fogCnCKxZrUqvbLXytz64k7ndxFjE9sWKxq7G2M0m0NDUj9gk2mLdDedS52Pr7uxV7w7vfO-F8B_z3fZI-ej60vzF_go=

Items

Most of it is self-found crap, im trying to change half of it. I still regen some hp. Maps up to 70lvl are really easy. Higher it gets harder as I got very little hp (3,1k) :(
that would be a start, the only problem is, it is tough to actually get to sovereignty with lvl 66. I need 6 points to get there and I can respec if I try really really hard max 4 points, so that actually sounds like I have to make 2 additional levels.

also, the tree you posted is with 97 points spent, which is 15 more than I have as of now. with 15 more points I am sure I would not have that much problems either. but yeah, I'll try to make two levels in docks and then see how sovereignty will turn out. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info