70k DPS | McPillar 1.0.4 - Righteous Fire Build [with VIDEO]

can one tell me how to calculate my actual DPS with my RF Marauder?

i'm using a build since long time and would like to know my dmg too
"
Topper_Harley wrote:
can one tell me how to calculate my actual DPS with my RF Marauder?

i'm using a build since long time and would like to know my dmg too

3 pages back Nahkalaukku explains how to exactly calculate it
"

e.g. lets say you have 5000 hp and 300 es when you are about to cast RF. So base damage will be then 2500+150=2650dmg/sec. Next multiply it with everything from your items, gems and passive tree that affect to RF.
Lets say you use Carcass Jack(+12% dmg) and 2x Redbeaks(+200% more dmg on low life), rf is linked with lvl 10 conc. effect(+59%dmg) and from passives you have 36% increased damage over time, 20% increased area damage and 36% increased fire damage.

So the final dmg will be: 2650*1.12*2*1.59*1.36*1.2*1.36 = 20948,36 which is pretty much 21k dmg per sec.

wouldnt 2 redbeaks 200% be => 1 = 0% 2 = 100% 3 = 200%???
"
Amongalen wrote:
"
Czeczar wrote:
I change only item with ES..........

I've just did some tests. U burn for 90% of ur current maximum life. If u change ur items, dmg taken will "update". I've casted RF with ~2200hp, then equiped some life items and dmg taken increased so its not "snapshotted" for sure.

@edit
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
Gear IS snap shotted.

...THere's a video somewhere of someone killing Hillock normally.

...Then they activate RF with no gear on...then put it back on.

---the 2nd one was noticeably slower.

looks like only dmg taken is updated, not dealt... kinda confusing

Ok now we know dmg on character are not snap shotted, and some one say dmg on mob are snap shotted.. ?!. Epsilon2012 can you find video ? i know only video with Hillock when some one test Culling Strike on Hillock.
"
Topper_Harley wrote:
"

e.g. lets say you have 5000 hp and 300 es when you are about to cast RF. So base damage will be then 2500+150=2650dmg/sec. Next multiply it with everything from your items, gems and passive tree that affect to RF.
Lets say you use Carcass Jack(+12% dmg) and 2x Redbeaks(+200% more dmg on low life), rf is linked with lvl 10 conc. effect(+59%dmg) and from passives you have 36% increased damage over time, 20% increased area damage and 36% increased fire damage.

So the final dmg will be: 2650*1.12*2*1.59*1.36*1.2*1.36 = 20948,36 which is pretty much 21k dmg per sec.

wouldnt 2 redbeaks 200% be => 1 = 0% 2 = 100% 3 = 200%???

yeah ure right, my bad.
I think I might be doing the gear swap wrong I don't notice any damage increase, can anyone confirm I'm doing this correctly:

Step1: I use Righteous fire to get my health low
Step2: I swap to 2x Redbeak rust swords when I have reached low health
Step3: I swap back too aurumvorax and rise of the phoenix and regain health

If I'm doing it wrong please post better instructions than the owner of this thread.

p.s. very fun build
"
zappaa wrote:
I think I might be doing the gear swap wrong I don't notice any damage increase, can anyone confirm I'm doing this correctly:

If I'm doing it wrong please post better instructions than the owner of this thread.

p.s. very fun build

Should be:

Step 1: Swap to Redbeaks
Step 2: Cast RF (or other means) to get to low health
Step 3: After RF drops wait a sec then cast RF again
Step 4: Hit flask to avoid losing RF and then swap weapons and/or armor as needed
Step 5: Flask again if needed to get to full health and go kill shit
"
azkinger wrote:
"
zappaa wrote:

p.s. very fun build

Should be:

Step 1: Swap to Redbeaks
Step 2: Cast RF (or other means) to get to low health
Step 3: After RF drops wait a sec then cast RF again
Step 4: Hit flask to avoid losing RF and then swap weapons and/or armor as needed
Step 5: Flask again if needed to get to full health and go kill shit

Ahh alright, thanks mate!
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:

Lets say you use Carcass Jack(+12% dmg) [...] and from passives you have 36% increased damage over time, [...]

I think this calc is wrong.

Both Carcass Jack and increased DoT is ... well increased DoT. And when 2 'increased' sources of the same kind are in the same calc they are added together not multiplied as done in the above

Can anyone confirm either way?
Last edited by sikker on Jan 17, 2014, 2:58:16 PM
I just hit lvl 80, build is pretty imba, as far as I can tell i hit the 20K dps mark according to the formula above. Also interested if we could get to a final formula for calculating the damage. I have found different equations and methods and each yields a different result. My gear is a mess atm in terms of links/gems:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info