Massive stuttering

CPU: Dual core AMD Phenom X2 545 3,0Ghz
RAM: 3GB DDR2 800mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD4650 512MB (newest drivers, 13.1)
Lowest settings; vsync/AA/shadow mapping disabled, lowest resolution
Task manager shows a 30-45% usage of cpu by the Client.exe process

I've tried normal full-screen ever since and the game does not stutter at all on the full screen mode.
What happens if you put VSync on?
Yllä lohduton taivas, alla hylätty maa. Yksin yöstä kurkotan valoon, vielä huudan: päästäkää minut!
"
juniperi wrote:
What happens if you put VSync on?

Just checked, no change, it stutters as it does without it. It works perfectly in fullscreen though.
I strongly suggest you don't play the game without Vsync or try a framerate limiting program like Dxtory.

From that picture, I see that your framerate goes up to 200. Framerate affects your GPU temperature. Higher framerate means higher GPU temperature because your video card is stressing itself to achieve such needless framerate in the game.

The stuttering issue although might be because Windows XP doesn't handle windowed mode well. That's just my guess.

"
amaranty wrote:
I strongly suggest you don't play the game without Vsync or try a framerate limiting program like Dxtory.

From that picture, I see that your framerate goes up to 200. Framerate affects your GPU temperature. Higher framerate means higher GPU temperature because your video card is stressing itself to achieve such needless framerate in the game.

The stuttering issue although might be because Windows XP doesn't handle windowed mode well. That's just my guess.

The framerate went so high because as I said, I lowered everything to the lowest possible settings. My card doesn't overheat, neither do any parts in my PC (CPU in maximum load barely hits 46c, GPU in max load is around 53-56c [in idle 40-43c]) and as I mentioned twice already, fullscreen works flawlessly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info