Dual Crit Flame Totems w/ Cloak of Defiance or Chaos Inoculation

This isn't going to be like my normal build posts unless someone is interested in more information.

Life version with Cloak of Defiance.
Chaos Inoculation version.

As you can see, it'd be easy to transition into or from Chaos Inoculation. It's the same main pathway.

So originally this started as an idea to make use of Marylene's Fallacy, but it turned out that I would deal more damage without it. This is due to it not being as effective if I'm already stacking critical strike multiplier, so its cons heavily outweigh the pros. If anything I wish Victario's Acuity was in Nemesis, because it'd be perfect for this build.

I am currently at level 61 with the Cloak of Defiance, using this tree. My gear is the following:

Equipment

Considering this, my Flame Totem DPS is currently 7614 (1269 * 6), not including enemy debuffs.

What makes specializing in critical strikes for Flame Totem so good is it having the highest offensive spell base cast speed in the game, it being a totem without requiring the Spell Totem support, and the Critical Weakness curse. Critical Weakness is so good because it provides additional flat critical strike chance, which helps a lot considering the spell's low base critical strike chance.

I run Clarity and Purity of Elements, with the latter to be replaced with Discipline in the future. I also use Arctic Armour at all times, currently with it at level 12. While moving I still gain mana slowly, but I use Lightning Warp most of the time anyways.

In the future I will switch to a high energy shield helm and a staff with a total of +3 to Fire Gems, resulting in a possible +6 with Empower.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Dec 23, 2013, 6:19:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info