Graphic Card or Internet Connection? Frame Skip

Hello everyone.

I just finished the final patching before entering the open beta and I've encountered the following issue:

In other words, this translates to a weird frameskip experience. Strangely enough, the animation seems quite fluid and the caracter movement as well as environment movement are well done (i.e., I can see them happening in a fluid way), however it is possible to see on said animation that it always jumps to 1 second ahead. As if my character took 2-3 steps forward and then, it skipped to another position even further 2-3 steps ahead.

Unfortunately I am not tech-savvy enough to know if the cause for this is my hardware which is too simple/old/crappy for this, if my internet connection is just bad or due to server overload.

PC Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3,4GHz
2 GB RAM
Windows XP
Graphic Card: ATI Radeon 5450 HD

Internet connection:

According to http://speedtest.net/, Download rates of ~5MB and upload rates of ~1MB

I've already tried to tinker with the graphic options and while it did turn out a little better, it still wasn't enough (the Screenshot was made after putting everything to the lowest possivle). I believe it is most likely that my hardware is just too weak for this game, but I'd still like to hear any sort of confirmation.

Thank you for your help and patience!
I'd check that you're using the latest drivers, but otherwise we'll need to investigate this later in development, when we have a copy of your system in the office.
Balance & Design
Gosh that hardware looks to be the bare minimum which will run it, but I would expect you would have gotten it smooth with all the tweaking.

How much video memory does it have? And can you close programs so that it's just the bare minimum environment for the game to run in? You know how when you pour too much out of a bottle and it starts bubbling and coming out in bursts? Your system's bottleneck is either the amount of Video memory or the amount of free system memory.
Yes, I am aware that this computer is shoddy at best. Unfortunately I still have to wait some 6-8 months before I can start thinking on buying a new one, so I gotta use what I have, haha

The graphic card has a whopping 1,024 MB of memory and all my drivers are up to date. I have heard of programs that sort of make the cpu focus more at a single task, such as "game boosters". Are these recommended?

Thanks for your help!
The constrained space should be cheap to fix, can you afford $30-$40 extra RAM? That would be a huge upgrade to you, and I think it might solve your problem.

You would need to find some RAM which is the right type for your computer, so see what you have and what will fit, or do some research on your motherboard and CPU or get a computer geek to look for you.

The gaming speed boost programs are all ripoffs, don't bother. They will increase your game's priority and possibly lower latency or access times for slower systems, but then you wouldn't have windows' pretty good process management working correctly, and might have more risky and crash prone behavior. And it wouldn't help you in this situation in the least.
Computer Geek reporting for action

The computer might have a bottleneck eighter the Cpu is to weak for the Gpu which it is a single core and one of the weakest in the market-I know cause my home pc is a pentium 4 and the graphics card isnt that great eighter but ram should be enough else resize the client
Something you might want to try is to run in fullscreen windowed mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info