Turn On/Off Friends notifications

Turn Friends online/offline and status update notification on or off option in options menu somewhere please.

This is one reason I dont keep friends is because of the spam notifications blocking things you actually want to look at.

Option 1
Spoiler

I would like there to be an option to selectively disable these notifications.

Friends come online Notice (True/False)
Friends Go Offline Notice (True/False)
Friend's Status Updates (True/False)

As an example i would keep status updates on because they can be relevant but i dont need to know every time one of my friends is switching between characters. I simply don't care and i dont want to be spammed every time this happens.

If I want to know who is online or not I can look for myself at the friends list.

Option 2
Spoiler

Less desirable alternative...

Make the notifications more transparent so i dont have to close them to view my inventory.

thank you.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by xHavoCx on Dec 21, 2013, 12:24:15 PM
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2018, 10:31:03 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 to Option 1
There are no words that can express how much I agree with this, especially option 1. When you have someone who is using their others characters as mules it gets ridiculous on how often they pop up. At one point I had 4-5 notifications from one person on screen at one time. If they aren't disabled at least reduce the time they're on screen.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Just bumping this to see if there is any chance of this happening or not. If there is a logical reason why this can't be disabled it'd be nice to know. I don't want to have to remove people from my list because there are some people I offered to help if they needed it. Right now, though, this irritates me more than anything in the game. Random crafting, poor drops, desync, they're not even in the same league with this when it comes to irritating. I understand the other things are a part of the game code and they can be overcome. The only way around this is to remove people from your friends list and that seems to go against the social aspect the game is shooting for. They want you to trade, they want you to group, they're working on improving pvp, you have the chat box and the trade window but having a big friends list should not be such an irritant.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
I agree that this is the most annoying thing I run into while playing. I'd really rather not delete all my friends from list just to not get status spammed while people switch chars looking for items etc.
THIS. sometimes it gets so annoying, when people transferring items to alt charcs and stuff. pls add an option.
Every. Fucking. Time.
When I want to hover over loot and check the quality... someone on the friend list logs in or out and the notification 100% cockblocks the tooltip I want to look at.

It's like they designed this to intentionally troll us.

+1
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Apr 13, 2014, 9:04:23 AM

The on/off solution seems simple enough and the problem really is annoying.

+1
"Hey man, nice shot"
Brisa guild leader,
"All challenges" seeker.
Completely agree. Please do this if possible GGG.
Pretty pretty please :)

I still dislike seeing friend list notifications spamming the screen, or even part of it when we're trying to focus our view on the monsters and the gear we're grinding.

Would this entail much to fix?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info