Deadly LAG

A quick question about something the erks gamers constantly while online gaming.

Will LAG be a problem, most of us are used to a little lag as long as its not a common thing but more importantly: Will the lag kill you?
(I realise lag itself isnt a deadly phenomenon, but monsters surrounding a lagging player might be)
lag will ALWAYS be an issue. Yes it can has the potential to get you killed, but if your careful enough then it shouldn't matter that much.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

This will be something we'll start to get a better feel for in the open beta, when hundreds/thousands of people are on at once. As it sits now, the lag isn't bad at all, but it can get you killed in those random spikes, just like any other game.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Ok yeh as i thought, this issue seemed to disapear in diablo, somhow they made you invulnerable through a lag spike, or made the monsters lag aswell. Or maybe i just got a better conection i dont remember ;)
Yep, lag will never cease.
Until every nation is running fiber to houses and the telco's have been put in their place and their throttling/capping has been put to rest, lag will continue to be the demon that is never slain.
i first started mmo's with uo on dialup,then wow on wireless, so im use to lag. but i have enjoyed it despite my junk net

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info