Skills? ...

I think every character will have around 2-3 "bread and butter" skills they will use constantly, in addition to maybe another 2-3 skills which are not used all the time.

As an ice witch, for me its Frost Nova, Blast and Ice Snap followed by Zombie and Spectre.
"
Starcraft42 wrote:
I think every character will have around 2-3 "bread and butter" skills they will use constantly, in addition to maybe another 2-3 skills which are not used all the time.
Agreed. I play a shock witch (started as first character before I knew how popular they were...) and I have a primary and secondary attack skill, both summoning skills, and Frost Wall for emergencies.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
I think as long as it has fun core gameplay (seems to from the videos I've seen), is cheap (f2p), and has good exposure (seems to have exploded since the TotalBiscuit video?), I'm guessing this game will be a decent hit. It's not going to bankrupt Blizzard, obviously, but I can see it along with Torchlight giving them some stiff competition in hack and slash games. I wouldn't be surprised if it does *very* well if open beta and launch go according to plan, since I've heard nothing but positive stuff about the game.

I personally can't wait for this game to go open/get a key and I'm normally pretty reserved about this stuff.
Well I am a lightening nova sorc...but no that is not the only skill I use...I am currently in the 4th difficulty (merciless) and I use multiple skills. Ice Spear and freezing pulse are good for keeping mobs in one spot. Of course I use the minion skills. I enjoy at least trying out all the skills, and many can be quite useful depending on your gear and whether you are solo or run with other players.
I meant no offence with this thread.

As I know little to nothing about the 'gameplay'. And I just recently discovered that I really enjoy playing Arpg's.

But more variety equals more excitement to me. More challenging.

I know there will always be that 'one' skill/spell that is your main damage source.

There should be a difference between the players. Everyone can gear up, level up. And then kill everything with a set of 2 skill/spells.
Making it more challenging with more skills/spells you could combine for more control, bigger damage, etc.. seems like more fun to me, and give the 'skilled' players the possibility to shine between others.

This is just a thread to build up some knowledge, I was hoping for some beta players to give some more info, instead of argueing whether if it's a 'MMO' or not.

Thank you Chris for the reply.
Last edited by Hiko on Sep 10, 2011, 10:44:49 PM
i hope there will be alot more active skills to choose from later next year when the game goes live for all

i really would like to play a Firy Witch but with only one fire skill that would not be possible :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info