Skills? ...

I've been watching some PoE footage the last few days. Footage of the closed beta, that players have been putting up.

All I see is them using just 1 skill/spell, and just spam it..

I'm really excited for this game, but I don't know.. Being able to grind all day with one skill/spell, would get bored real quick imo?

So is it really like this or? Yeah.. I hope not :).

This is not a 'flame' or 'rant'. I'm just wondering. I admire GGG. This is by FAR the best f2p MMO out there.
Last edited by Hiko on Sep 10, 2011, 7:49:46 PM
Do you know how the skills work?
"
Hiko wrote:
I've been watching some PoE footage the last few days. Footage of the closed beta, that players have been putting up.

I'm really excited for this game, but I don't know.. Being able to grind all day with one skill/spell, would get bored real quick imo?

This is not a 'flame' or 'rant'. I'm just wondering. I admire GGG. This is by FAR the best f2p MMO out there.

Some upcoming changes are hopefully going to encourage the use of more skills!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Hiko wrote:

Chris! maybe you'll read this, maybe not, but I love the way your game is looking.
This is what I always hoped Diablo 3 would end up looking like. Thank you so much for doing this.
"
Hiko wrote:
This is by FAR the best f2p MMO out there.

Luckily it's not an MMO.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Hiko wrote:

sweetness, cant wait to see what you do.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

One of the problems is that there currently aren't that many skills in the game. It's hard to use a lot of fire skills, for example, when there's only one.

Another problem is that it doesn't take long for players to find the most OP skill and then just spam that skill for maximum effect. As the balance becomes more refined this will become less of an issue.
Forum Sheriff
doesnt MMO just stand for mass multiplayer online? if so then fingers crossed this games falls into that definintion with mass numbers of players.
MMO is pretty broad and people tend to not want to lump games with instances into an "MMO" genre for some bizarre reason. You play online, there's a massive amount of people playing online with you. It's an MMO.
"
MMO is pretty broad and people tend to not want to lump games with instances into an "MMO" genre for some bizarre reason. You play online, there's a massive amount of people playing online with you. It's an MMO.
True, but the term has been tainted over the years and people don't understand the meaning without stereotyping the game type. We like to fall back on "ARPG" :p
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info