How can i increase my dps?

So as the title says ^ how?
Im at 2,1k dps with my spec throw and im lvl 78
It would probably help if you showed us your gear and passive tree :)
"
Bioman1000 wrote:
It would probably help if you showed us your gear and passive tree :)

How?
For the gear while editing a message, click on your character face on top left, and you can see your inventory, you click on each item and they will appear in the post.
For the skill tree, click on "passive skill tree" on that same page and copy past the link in your post :)
"
Bioman1000 wrote:
For the gear while editing a message, click on your character face on top left, and you can see your inventory, you click on each item and they will appear in the post.
For the skill tree, click on "passive skill tree" on that same page and copy past the link in your post :)

and

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecFLRQgGNsZLhpVG_og8CFgI_Yl3yftKaUxnjIJMn41kjboOlI64UCgR35KfUrITeNOKlW1VvpXDVivWlJbr2BLYSFko2VNZadnoGoeajtsRm5pbqpybHKpdO108XbneA1673zZfPWE2YTvh2qHdojxiiKQbJWbm12euZ7Nn8ukGaZXps-nMKgYqJqpbqmUrFmsqrXyvqfAD8CmwPPBBNBH0iHSTdlh3D3dDeJh52PuDvIv8kXyl_e-_MX-Cv6P
:(
I'm really newbie on this game, I'm just lvl 44 on HC yet, but i think you waste too many points on resistances/life, with those points you can improve your melee damage, what is your primary skill? you just use spec throw and leap slam? i think you can use like heavy strike for single targets, linked with fire damage, melee ph, multistrike or something, i use rare resistence rings, they're good, i have 1.8k with double strike ( i have a lvl 44 duelist DW ) almost same as your, balace things up, don't use only life, use better resistence itens and you'll see the dif.

( As I said, i'm rly newbie, so its my point os view, idk what is a pro point of view. )
Hey
Hi OP:

I am going to re-work your tree in a bit. Just briefly looking at it:

1) You a lot of points in individual resistances, when you should be putting NONE into them. You should be finding them on your gear instead.

2) You travel too far to get some nodes that do not provide the utility that warrants the nodes spent.

3) You do not have optimal pathing.

About your gear:

I am presuming you are trying to be somewhat if an MF/Culling character. If you want higher DPS and survivability (because it doesn't seem like you have much), you are going to have to drop your rarity all together. At least for now, until you find some better pieces.

That's all I have for now. I will include your tree in my edit.

EDIT:
New Tree
I used all of your points, (Last 5 points into DAMAGE), just because you wanted more DPS.

Your Gear

1) How much life do you currently have? Because it seem like you're playing ST/Glass Cannon/MF/Culler Style. I would focus on getting life and resists over DPS and MF.

I took out the resistance on your tree because YOU SHOULD BE GETTING IT ON YOUR GEAR.

Reasoning: YOUR GEAR SHOULD BE BUILT AROUND YOUR TREE, NOT YOUR TREE AROUND YOUR GEAR. Unless of course, you have end-game gear that you're never going to change.

I hope this helps.
Timezone: PST (California)
Last edited by KickAcid on Dec 18, 2013, 5:34:03 PM
Hey there, sorry I didn't reply again earlier, IRL stuff came along ;)

So as other guy stated, the first thing is your tree IMO could be better, with points wasted in resistances which you should try to get on gear, and mostly resolute technique which doesn't serve you right.
IMO you shouldn't go to the left of the tree after unwavering and the life nodes next to it.
This was my tree at level 79 when i died.
If you have some respec points available or the means to get them, consider looking at it :)

Also I notice you are running haste and not hatred, I would advise to switch asap for hatred because it scales better than attack speed, especially since you can get attack speed from the tree.

For single target, spectral throw lacks a bit imo so I would advise running Double Strike with melee physical damage, added fire, multistrike (and blood magic obviously, remove one of the others if no 5L).

This was my gear for reference :

I had 15k single target and 3.2k aoe.
Last edited by Bioman1000 on Dec 18, 2013, 9:06:09 PM
"
KickAcid wrote:
Hi OP:

I am going to re-work your tree in a bit. Just briefly looking at it:

1) You a lot of points in individual resistances, when you should be putting NONE into them. You should be finding them on your gear instead.

2) You travel too far to get some nodes that do not provide the utility that warrants the nodes spent.

3) You do not have optimal pathing.

About your gear:

I am presuming you are trying to be somewhat if an MF/Culling character. If you want higher DPS and survivability (because it doesn't seem like you have much), you are going to have to drop your rarity all together. At least for now, until you find some better pieces.

That's all I have for now. I will include your tree in my edit.

EDIT:
New Tree
I used all of your points, (Last 5 points into DAMAGE), just because you wanted more DPS.

Your Gear

1) How much life do you currently have? Because it seem like you're playing ST/Glass Cannon/MF/Culler Style. I would focus on getting life and resists over DPS and MF.

I took out the resistance on your tree because YOU SHOULD BE GETTING IT ON YOUR GEAR.

Reasoning: YOUR GEAR SHOULD BE BUILT AROUND YOUR TREE, NOT YOUR TREE AROUND YOUR GEAR. Unless of course, you have end-game gear that you're never going to change.

I hope this helps.

I changed alot of my nodes, thanks.

But i tought Iron Grip was one of the core nodes for spec throw?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info