New bandit leader rewards for mara

"
The bandit leaders now grant different stat bonuses on each difficulty level. For Kraityn, Alira and Oak respectively, they are - Normal: elemental resistances, maximum mana, maximum life; Cruel: attack speed, cast speed, physical damage; Merciless: maximum frenzy charges, maximum power charges, maximum endurance charges.

Normal: Life is probably your best bet here. But...

Cruel: Attack speed or physical damage here? But...

Merciless: Endurance, unless you use blood rage (maybe?).

In the two first cases, I'm unsure if it'd be better to just go for the skill points. Does anyone know the value of the stats increases?
Last edited by Oxygen on Jan 23, 2013, 11:47:07 AM
"
Oxygen wrote:
"
The bandit leaders now grant different stat bonuses on each difficulty level. For Kraityn, Alira and Oak respectively, they are - Normal: elemental resistances, maximum mana, maximum life; Cruel: attack speed, cast speed, physical damage; Merciless: maximum frenzy charges, maximum power charges, maximum endurance charges.

Normal: Life is probably your best bet here. But...

Cruel: Attack speed or physical damage here? But...

Merciless: Endurance, unless you use blood rage (maybe?).

In the two first cases, I'm unsure if it'd be better to just go for the skill points. Does anyone know the value of the stats increases?

I may not be right, but if my eye's aren't wrong from krip's stream nor if there's any changes to obt.

Normal: +35-45 Life (not sure)
Cruel: 4% atk spd or 12% physical damage.
Merciless: 1 max charges for each type.
i would take life on normal, skillpoint on cruel and endurance charge on the last, with a build with 3 extra endurance charges and that 4th you could have 7 endu charges which means you get 35% DR and Resis, could be usefull :-)
Heard the +life was +40 so a -5 nerf. Still seems like an easy choice over the skillpoint.

Will go +40/+12/endurance for my GS mara. 3 charges from skill tree and 1 from quest will be pretty nice. Perhaps it will even be worth it to stack armor nodes considering I will run around with 7 charges most of hte time thanks to warlord's mark and enduring cry.
Last edited by Eivon on Jan 23, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
I would also consider the 8% resist all instead of 40 life
IGN: Octaus
"
Octaus wrote:
I would also consider the 8% resist all instead of 40 life

Yeah, lol, forgot about that one. It's tricky with so many options that seems viable. What to choose, what to choose.
you will get more than enough resis through gear there is no need to take that^^ 40 hp with all hp nodes you take as mara could give you 120 hp in later levels...
It also depends on your base health.
With a kaom's heart you can easily reach 6k life, and 120 more is not a big deal.
IGN: Octaus
"
Octaus wrote:
It also depends on your base health.
With a kaom's heart you can easily reach 6k life, and 120 more is not a big deal.

I guess the big difference is that resistances have a cap while health doesn't.
"

I guess the big difference is that resistances have a cap while health doesn't.

Correct, Sir! there is absolutley no need for extra resis, your gear espeecially in later endgame provides enough

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info