HC/Nemesis Viable Discount Degen Summoner

Since there are sooooo many degen summoner builds around, I'm going to sorta skip all the guide details and get right to the build. I guess this is more of a report than a guide.

After playing a BoR Degen Build on standard, I wanted to make a similar build in Nemesis. The build is pretty similar, but with some changes for increased tankyness.

This is my first Nemesis char, so my funds were quite limited. The entire amount spent on this build was roughly 40 chaos over a 1 month period.

Tank is Armour/Life with EB and Lvl 17 (leveling to 20) Arctic Armour. I use a rejuvenation totem for added tank (and the zombies love it).

I also use Molten Shell+Faster Casting+Life Leech, highly recommend this.

Gear is:
Spoiler

Auras Used on a LVL 18 Reduced Mana: Purity of Elements + Determination + Vitality + Clarity

Skill tree is:

Putting the gear, auras, the rejuv totem, MS, and skill tree I wind up with:
Spoiler
Armour, no MS: 10678
Armour, w/ MS: 13894
Resists: 75/75/75/-40

Life: 3825
Life Regen: 351

Mana: 1739
Mana Regen: 201.6

Chance to Block: 31%

For Offensive skills, I start everything off with Arc+Ele Prolif+Blind+Chain and Elemental Equilbrium from the tree. I really like having everything shocked and blinded and -50% fire resist, but really it's personal preference. As long as it's a skill to trigger EE -fire resist, it works.

I use vulnerability because it works for all the minions and stun makes mobs safer.

All summons use standard chobber+sidhebreath snapshoting.

Zombies
Spoiler
Use in a +2 Helm, pretty standard stuff.

RZ + Melee Phys Damage + Melee Splash + Multistrike

I wanted use minion damage to go for max alpha damage to stun and penetrate armour, but multistrike seems more effective. I think it has to do with how the minions AI works. Multistrike forces them to stand there and attack three times instead of swing->miss->chase->swing->chase->etc. But, YMMV.

Spectres
Spoiler
Summoned from my 5-L chest. I summon two burning miscreations (lunaris 2) and 1 Evangelist (Scepter of the Gods) when I want alot of dps. If I want to play it safe, I don't summon the ranged miscreant and instead summon a second Evangelist.

High Dps Burning Miscreant
RS + Remote Mine + Increased Burning + Minion Life + Minion Damage

High Range Burning Miscreant
RS + Increased AOE + Increased Burning + Minion Life + Minion Damage

Evangelist
RS + Remote Mine + Increased Duration + Minion Damage + Faster Casting

As far as tanking goes, the Evangelists are down right the best thing in the game. Complete invincibility from anything outside the bubble is pretty hard to top. Increased Duration and Faster Casting makes for perma bubble. They pack a serious wallop as well, and stun pretty hard especially with vulnerability.

Game play is pretty laid back. Curse over there, some arc over here, watch everything burn. I stand inside the Evangelists shield when things get bad (looking at you rain of arrows thicket guy) and otherwise AA makes me pretty much invincible to 90% of mobs anyway.

I'll link the video as soon as the upload finishes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info