11 Auras, Arctic Armour and triple charges with conduit

So I was thinking about a support build and this is the best I could come up with. It is quite a cheap build.

You need the following expensive items:

1. 5L Shavronne's Wrappings BBGGR (not impossible to get)
2. Alpha's Howl
3. Prism Guardian

Everything else is irrelevant, although you will be going for as much IIQ and IIR as possible. With this it is quite possible to run 11 auras and even Arctic Armor. Here is proof:

click, large image

We will be using these links:

1. Power Siphon
2. LMP
3. Chain
4. Item Quantity
5. Item Quality
[6. Choice, can be elemental proliferation, additional accuracy, added lightning damage, weapon elemental damage, faster attacks, blind, life leech etc. - be creative)

1. Empower
2. Enhance
3. Blood Rage
4. Curse of choice, probably elemental weakness

You will get 92% increased attack speed from a level 20, 20 quality blood rage that is placed in a +1 to gems item together with empower and enhance.

Your skill tree will look something like this:
114 points

Because this is a lot of points, here are lower builds:
102 points
86 points

Thanks to blood rage and power siphon you will constantly max out your entire party with frenzy/power charges. On top of this they get 11 auras at 178% effectiveness. You could choose to use the unique windscream boots for two curses and cast warlord's mark + elemental weakness, warlord's mark would max you and your party out on endurance charges (you could also use enduring cry).

You will still be dealing OK damage thanks to your superbuffed wrath + anger aura and you will snipe off the monsters with the culling strike provided by power siphon. In addition to this you will get the 3x10% increased flask effect nodes near the witch tree and run full divination distillate flasks and the increased flask charges from warlord's mark will provide you with a truly bitching IIR/IIQ char. If you use a 20% warlord's mark in the empower/enhance slot with your blood rage you can reach nearly 100% chance of adding an endurance charge after killing an enemy (I think it's 96 or 97% to add one).

Your main skill won't be using that much mana because IIQ and IIR don't add a mana multiplier, you will use (15*1.5*2) mana, which is only 45.

Tell me what you think and if you think there is a better support build.
Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Dec 16, 2013, 8:48:46 PM
I keep coming back to builds with this general idea, but the thing that keeps tripping me up is that you have to get that kill for the frenzy/end charge. This is one of the better that ive seen at getting dps out, but I still wonder if you can get that kill in a party. Culling is great on paper but when power builds can 1shot things at endgame... that cull never stands a chance.

As it is a party based idea you're mad buffing the group's dps and durability, on top of their personal killing power (much much MUCH stronger than yours as they are "real" builds vs a support build), I still wonder if you're ever going to get the kills for conduit to matter.

There's a decent argument that getting or not getting the charges makes no difference... being the PBAOE of all 11 auras at 178% power is enough to buff anyone (else) into godlike power so... yeah idk.

Its a slightly different variation on the idea though, I like the emower enhance blood rage idea.

One day i'll do one of these builds (despite me being an almost entirely solo player) just because 11 auras+AA FTW.
All statements are intended to be read as my opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
All statements asserted as facts are subject to revision. :D
"
I keep coming back to builds with this general idea, but the thing that keeps tripping me up is that you have to get that kill for the frenzy/end charge. This is one of the better that ive seen at getting dps out, but I still wonder if you can get that kill in a party. Culling is great on paper but when power builds can 1shot things at endgame... that cull never stands a chance.

As it is a party based idea you're mad buffing the group's dps and durability, on top of their personal killing power (much much MUCH stronger than yours as they are "real" builds vs a support build), I still wonder if you're ever going to get the kills for conduit to matter.

There's a decent argument that getting or not getting the charges makes no difference... being the PBAOE of all 11 auras at 178% power is enough to buff anyone (else) into godlike power so... yeah idk.

Its a slightly different variation on the idea though, I like the emower enhance blood rage idea.

One day i'll do one of these builds (despite me being an almost entirely solo player) just because 11 auras+AA FTW.

Actually you don't need to get the killing blow even with culling strike because you will still get the power charge, as the power charge is granted (to you and your party) after you have made a successful attack on the target, this means it only applies to frenzy charges. The tooltip says:

Fires your wand, dealing increased damage and granting you a power charge if an enemy is killed by, or soon after, the hit.

I have played a wander before in large parties and I am fairly confident in saying that you will get a lot of kills in regardless of the lower damage output relative to other players (especially as they get your auras and charges).

The reason I use blood rage + the enhance/empower/+1gems is because of the attack speed. It really gives you a massive attack speed and because of this you can apply your culling strike a lot of times. Although attack speed also boosts your general DPS it is mostly to apply the culling strike portion of your power siphon as many times as possible in order to get the killing blow.
Beyond league.
Yea I guessed that was why you wanted the insane attack speed.

Idnk that was how power siphon worked (havnt played a wander - yet) so that's interesting.

Well with PS youre getting power charges (+conduit) and with warlord's even if you dont get the kill to share the end charge someone got it so its not as cool but still at least half effective. Sucks loosing the frenzy charge if you fail to get the kill but 5% attack speed is maybe meh when youre running a 178% haste and 96%ish blood rage (lawl).

I like the idea, personally :)
All statements are intended to be read as my opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
You will run these auras:

Purity of Fire, Lightning, Ice and Elements
Anger
Wrath
Grace
Determination
Clarity
Discipline
Vitality

Unfortunately you cannot run haste. Look:

3 auras: (120+clarity-54%)*0.71 = 39.192 mana (+clarity) reserved
3 auras: (120-46%)*0.71 = 46.008 mana reserved
3 auras: (180-71%)*0.71 = 37.062 life reserved
2 auras: (80-46%)*1.96*0.71 = 60.11712 life reserved

11 auras
39.192 + 46.008 = 85.2% mana reserved, remaining 14.8% used for clarity and skills
37.062 + 60.11712 = 97.17912% life reserved

Clarity reserves 440 mana, so (440-54%)*0.71 = 143.704 meaning that you need (143.704/14.8)*100 mana or 971 mana to sustain clarity, but then you need to cast your skills too and because of this you will want a few hundred mana above this number - probably at least 1200.

I would also like to add your auras are not 178% of base value on yourself because you have inner force which adds 21% for 199%. If you want the extra +1 to max resist you can get Holy Strength node near templar for an extra 3% increased buff effect which puts you at 202% aura. The values for all auras (although you cannot run all simultaneously) at level 20, 202% value:

133% all resist
+8% max resist
+103% armour
+4072 evasion
+642 energy shield
+36-569 lightning damage
+72% cold damage
+189-315 fire damage
+3.3% life regen
+18% movement speed
+32% attack speed
+32% cast speed
+49.69 mana regen

Most of these can be higher because Prism Guardian and Alpha's Howl give +aura gem bonus.
Beyond league.
Last edited by SEXYSUPERSATAN on Dec 16, 2013, 10:40:28 AM
Personally Id drop anger in favor of haste then, its prb the weakest of the auras given its a 60% and is only a couple hundred fire dmg(ish) vs +18% movement speed,+32% attack speed,+32% cast speed. But ive always loved "haste" style spells/auras in games so im a bit partial to them heh.
"
Personally Id drop anger in favor of haste then, its prb the weakest of the auras given its a 60% and is only a couple hundred fire dmg(ish) vs +18% movement speed,+32% attack speed,+32% cast speed. But ive always loved "haste" style spells/auras in games so im a bit partial to them heh.

I think it depends on your party, what will benefit you more. Obviously it's not really a big deal to switch auras, only a few clicks.
Beyond league.
Twice you spend 3 points for power charges when you could easily have more +% crit chance in those 3/6 nodes that doesn't need to be charged. Why?

Edit:

Example: (and I fixed your tree to be editable now)

6 points, 100% crit chance, needs to be charged
vs.
5 points, 120% crit chance, 10 life on kill, 10% crit mult
Last edited by Terrornoid on Dec 16, 2013, 12:17:26 PM
Can you please link your current gear and the links you have in them? Cheers
"
Terrornoid wrote:
Twice you spend 3 points for power charges when you could easily have more +% crit chance in those 3/6 nodes that doesn't need to be charged. Why?

Edit:

Example: (and I fixed your tree to be editable now)

6 points, 100% crit chance, needs to be charged
vs.
5 points, 120% crit chance, 10 life on kill, 10% crit mult

The 6% increased wand damage per power charge (fusillade) makes the 2 extra power charges (one you'll get anyway because you need to be near there anyway for ZO, aura, ES and life reg nodes) better. It is 12% more wand damage which then synergizes with the (albeit lower) crit.
Beyond league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info